Friday, June 18, 2010

Starting Summer with a Bang!

Yes, school has been out for almost two weeks. We have been busy (as always). I've got to give a shout out to my big boys for all their hard work this year. They both have been on Principal's Honor Roll all year long and were recognized at the end of the year. Jared's school doesn't have anything for parents to attend. They hand out their awards in homeroom. I don't like this at all (and I work for the district). I think it is important for parents to celebrate their children's academic excellence. Party poopers! Jared maintained a 3.5-3.9 all year long. Way to go!! Since I didn't get to attend an assembly, we had to settle for pictures after school.










































Jared also had his Spring Concert which he rocked!





















He will be adding the snare drum to his repertoire of instruments he plays. His band teacher is visiting our house each week for lessons to get him ready for next year. His teacher is one of the biggest reasons our kids have yet to move to their neighborhood school. Nick will be joining band next year and the band teacher is thinking drums for him because of his endless energy. I don't like my next door neighbors much anyway.

Nick had all A's most of the year until the end he got one B. I cannot complain. I did challenge him to maintain those grades all year for $100.00. Sooo close dude. Maybe next year? He had a banquet at school to honor his achievements. Awesome taco dinner, but we did not enjoy having to wait 45 minutes for food. We loved his teacher and know who is teacher is next year (job perks). I am sure this kid will have yet another stellar year!










































Nick will be keeping busy with club baseball (possible two teams). Daddy and Nick love their baseball.

We have a busy summer planned. Mostly sticking to in town activities unless baseball takes us out of town. Mom and her new boyfriend are taking us to his time share at Pismo Beach. That should be fun although I do not feel ready to put this body in a swim-suit. Looking forward to a happy summer!!!!

1 comment:

Williams Family Dirt said...

I had to go back and re-read the line about your mom taking you to the beach. You might want to add "my mom", because I thought you had a new boyrriend! ;) Kuddos to your boys for all of their hardwork.