Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Friends and Family! We hope your turkey day was as wonderful as ours! Yet again, I cooked way too much food (we could have fed several families, but no, it was all just for us)! I prepared eight side dishes as Damian and I could not decide what would be on the menu. So I cooked them all! As we ate, we each shared what we are thankful for. As a recap:

Olivia and Jack- No comment at this time, but we could speculate.
Nick-"My brothers and sister and bacon"
Jared-" My family and Jesus Christ"
Damian-" Family and Book of Mormon"
Jennifer-" So many things! Other than the obvious (family, church, home), I am thankful that Jack has joined our family. I am thankful that I have a great job despite the fact I really want to be home. I am thankful that after two of our vehicles have taken a dump, that we have one up and running (also thankful for extended warranties).Nick blessed the food and also thanked Heavenly Father for Vitamin A,C, and D. As we ate, Nick also recited a poem that he had learned at school and that his teacher had asked him to share. He excused himself to get this poem titled "Thanksgiving". We were pleasantly surprised to be provided with entertainment with our dinner!
Thanksgiving"

Thanksgiving is a special time
When we should stop and think
About the good things in our lives
Besides the food and drink.
We're thankful for our homes and friends
And loving families.
There's much more to Thanksgiving Day
Than "Pass the turkey, please."

Nick couldn't have said how we feel any better. We are indeed thankful for all the good things in life and for this special day to turn our thoughts towards all of our blessings! I'm off for seconds as should you! Love, The Wolff Pack




1 comment:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving with lots of yummy food...Thanks for the photos and for creating the card!
Love Ya!