Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Is it Really Summer?

Can you believe the weather we are having????? If you haven't heard, it was 81 degrees today and will be cool into next week! The forecast says for Friday we will be in the 70's!?! It's supposed to be 110 degrees here! So surprising for the armpit of California. Oh, but I am not complaining! This coupled with working for a few weeks, it really doesn't feel like Summer...yet! Weird!

I thought I'd give ya a quick update as to what is going on with us.

Jared and Nick both had excellent report cards (again). Jared made Principal's list and Nick got only one B in math (the rest A's of course). Jared is totally stoked about going to middle school. I cringe at the thought! I dare not tell him the next few years may be the worst of his life! I loathe middle school. I say this because I was once his age...and it sucked! I also substitute taught the age group briefly and the kids are just as terrible as I had rememebred. I had planned on sending him to his neighborhood school next year, but he begged me for just one more year in my district. So for now, he'll continue to go with me to school. We will revisit this topic for sure.

Nick is rocking in baseball. His team is 11-1-1. It seems as though his team will be going to tournament. I whipped up a cool layout in homage to the baseball stud.






















Credits: Black paper & baseball alpha by Britt-ish Designs, paper by Dirty Feet Designs, A. Aspnes Skimmer Boy overlay, font is Underwood Champion

Olivia is getting ready for her first dance recital in two weeks. She has a pink boom box in her room and frequently turns on the Penguin Cha Cha to practice her dance. Sugar Grammy is moving back to California just in time for the big day. Liv has missed her.

It is sooo obvious that Jack is approaching the terrible twos. It's gonna be painful! He thinks he is a big kid and can do what everyone else is doing. He destroys my house as quickly as I clean it up. He got bit at daycare and has now decided to give biting a try. Good news is he has not assaulted anyone with his teeth in the past week. The only time he slows down is to watch Yo Gabba Gabba. We affectionatley call it baby crack. We've thankfully DVR'd every episode. Have you ever really watched it? It is totally whacked! The writers of the show must be seriously high when thinking up this stuff.

It looks like Damian will be going to UCLA to get an opinion on his eye. We both will be so relieved when we get some answers. He has been toughing it out at work. It's still hard for him to work at a computer and not being able to see the screen well. He is also assistant coaching Nick's baseball team. Needless to say, all I ever hear about is baseball from them. I am thankful for this time they have together!

I am teaching Summer School for two weeks and the week after I am finished I have a week long math training. I am surprisingly super swamped with the photography business. I haven't posted much about it here as I figured you can go read the photography blog. I am working almost every night editing. I am already booked into the Summer. I have another wedding booked and a few more possibly in the works.

So our big plans for the Summer include baseball, maybe a beach trip, probably a Disneyland trip, Jared and Daddy going to Scout Camp, and cleaning my house. So exciting, I know! L8R!

2 comments:

Kari said...

I read this post on my reader in my car on the way to my kids' swim meet a few days ago (Steve was driving ... don't worry) and I was laughing out loud about Yo Gabba Gabba!!!!!! Completely, totally WHACK!! What's up with Damian's eye? Steve would be intrigued to know ;)

Janna said...

Hey Jenn! Sounds like you and your kids are busy. They are so cute! I can empathize and sympathize with the upcoming terrible two stuff. My Jackson's very favorite show is Yo Gabba Gabba too! Did you know the creator of Yo Gabba Gabba is mormon?? He served a mission in Japan and is the great grandson of LeGrand Richards! Ha!