Sunday, September 13, 2009

One Fine Day?

No, it really wasn't! Well maybe for some people who enjoyed my daughter's solo. So...today was our Primary Program at church. Daddy and the three oldest were asked to sing along with another family. Olivia decides it is a one woman show. She grabs the mike and begins singing the song LOUDLY and I thought I was going to have a proud mommy moment. Of course we can hardly hear anyone else. Daddy tries to grab the mike from her and she throws herself on the ground. I seriously felt relief for a moment... until she popped back up and grabbed the mike again. Daddy gave up and went with it (laughing of course). Nick tries to get her stop thus making their performance all the more entertaining. So wanted to crawl in a hole and die. Jack sees everyone at the podium and looks at me and says "bye" and takes off to join the family. Grabbed him and ran into the hallway, where I stayed. You know, had this had been someone else's kid, I would have laughed my butt off. It wasn't and now I will forever have one of "those" children that will keep me on my toes and make life all the more interesting.

Just one layout to share for the week. Lucky to have gotten this one done. I had Back to School Night this last week and a few other projects. I am soo tired still. I could have used another three day weekend for sure!
Credits: "One Fine Day" by Happy Scrap Girl at Scrap Matters.

3 comments:

Kari said...

I can absolutely see my Kendyl doing the same thing!!!! Sorry ... but I would have been sitting in the congregation laughing at all of this - too close to real life for me! I had to speak in church instead ... UGH. Our program is next week. Wonder if I'll have a similar experience to share?! Just found out Kendyl is singing with 3 other girls in her class ....

Carol said...

I guess because it is not my child I did laugh when I read your post. Sorry.

Lisa said...

Oh, sometimes they make us so proud, and other times we just want the earth to swallow us up!

Last Sunday, when the service was about 3/4's over, our youngest DD picks a very quiet moment to tell me "This is taking FOR-E-VER!" Sheesh. At least it was our youngest, so people smiled and chuckled, but still. Yesterday was good though. One Sunday at a time. :)