Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Kid is Totally Freaking Awesome and I Just Gotta Brag!!!

So, remember when Nick announced to all you loyal readers that he won 2nd place in the district science fair?? Yesterday was the County Regional Competition and my little brainiac won 2nd place in the Mathematics, Engineering, and Games category. WOOT!! My kid rocks and I am so very proud of him!!! Since Damian is the interim stay at home parental unit, he had the privilege of taking Nick down to the convention center for the day. Damian was not allowed to be with him in the judging area so Nick and his friends (new and old) camped out by their projects until the judges made their rounds for interviews. Nick's classmate also placed yesterday and they were near each other the whole time. I think it made the process all the more fun for them. I, of course hustled my buns downtown as quick as my lead foot could drive me after school. I just missed the announcement of winners. But that is OK. Daddy did a pretty good job taking pics of Nick receiving his medal. Nick was also interviewed by channel 29 and made the 11 o'clock news. I DVR'd it so if you'd like to watch it, well come on over! Nick could hardly wait to tell his teacher and vice principal this morning. He and his little friend wore their t-shirts and medals and an announcement was made school-wide during morning announcements about this awesome achievement of our school's students.





3 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

That is awesome and Damian did a great jon with the photos. Love the up close medal one. Way to go Nick!

Carol said...

Wow what a clever little man. congratulations

Heather said...

WOW!!! Congrats to your intelligent son and his whole entire family. He must have some great parents....