Friday, August 20, 2010

"Meet the Teacher Day" and "A Peek into my Classroom"

So today was Meet the Teacher Day for Olivia. Fortunately for her, she knows her teacher quite well. That's because I will be her teacher this year. Woot, Woot! Now before you pass judgment on this decision, I should let you know that I was also Jared and Nick's Kindergarten teacher and it was a truly special time for us that I will forever treasure! Many teachers at my school site have done this and talked me into it many moons ago. For the record, I am harder on my own children than the others and have very high expectations of them. There are no favorites in my classroom. My kids have always called me Mrs. Wolff during school hours, never once calling me mom. It is my gift to them for me not being able to be a stay at home mom. AND I get to take all the credit for teaching my kids how to read and getting them above grade level!!!!!!

The kids and parents that I have met today were fantastic!!! What a great group!! Seven kids did not show for Meet the Teacher- Yikes, that is scary!!! I know two of the seven that did not show. Pray for me that the five wild cards will not eat me alive next week!!! Here's hoping that there wasn't something toxic in the water in 2005 that made kiddies go wrong!!! There was definitely something bad in the water for most of last year's group!

Olivia wanted to share with you her goodies from the day.

Her First day of School Kit




Her daily binder AKA a B.E.A.R. binder (Bring Everything Always Ready)

I love my room this time of year because it is perfect (until 30 minutes into Monday Morning). I lovingly call the decor once everything falls apart "organized chaos". I usually have lots of piles...everywhere. After school is usually my attempt at damage control and even then it just isn't the same.






All I have left is to fill out my lesson plans. Just going to enjoy my last few days of freedom. Here's to a great year!!!

1 comment:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Your room looks fabulous!! Good Luck next week.