Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sigh!

I am failing miserably this summer in keeping up with my blog.
We've been busy with:

scouts
baseball
snare drum lessons
dance class
barfing
swim lessons
(most of the above mentioned is subsidized by the sugar granny. Thanks Mommy!)
photography sessions
job hunting
(to name a few)

Here is an update (the short version):

Damian just finished a several month gig with the Census Department. They loved him so much they kept him on for several operations. What's not to love?

As for his eyes, he has had a regression. He is fully dependant on his glasses (boo!) but can see 20/20 with them on. He is back on steroids, but a less potent type as they fear he will develop cataracts if he stays on the beefed up one. We are hoping this works! If not, it sounds like they will be scraping his scar tissue off with a laser. If that doesn't work, it is a partial cornea transplant. YIKES!!!!!!

Damian starts August 19th as a temp claim rep for the County Superintendent's office. Oh how I wish it were permanent!!!! I am crossing my fingers that they will love him so much that they will find a way to keep him. We have been strategizing all the different ways he can kiss hineys. First Friday...chocolate popcorn. Another company has been inquiring a lot about him for a data analyst position. It has the potential to make more money than I do (say what?). Yes, I have been fantasizing about this job and hope it pans out!!!!! I really really need a new washer and dryer. That electromagnetic black cloud of death still lingers over my house!

We're poor so we didn't go anywhere. Unemployment sucks!

Jack tells everyone his name is Chuck ("Minemis Chuck"). Can't quite get that /j/sound. He refuses to potty train.

I have been busy taking pictures and spent the last week in my classroom getting ready for the new group of kindygarten kids.

So exciting, I know! I am sure we will drop from exhaustion by the end of the week.

No comments: