Friday, November 26, 2010

So much to be thankful for!

We had a quiet Thanksgiving at home, enough food for an army, and much to be thankful for!!!

The past year and a half has been extremely stressful for us. Damian finally found a temp job as a claim rep which has temporarily taken some pressure of of me. His boss is trying to find a way to keep him and has already promised him that he will be kept on a while after the person he is covering for returns. Honestly, with the money he saves companies, he pays for himself- just saying! I really don't know how we have made it financially. I am amazed that we have been able to keep our home!
All I want for Christmas is for him to keep this job, and a clean house!

Damian recognizes he needs to continue treatment for his eyes, but they are stable for now which is a blessing!!! I am just hoping we can work something out and be able to head back to UCSD to start up treatment again. We are too nervous to have him take off time at a temp job he'd like to keep.

This month I have had tons of photography opportunities which has allowed for us to provide Christmas for the kids. As crazy busy as I am, I feel blessed to be able to earn extra income. Praying I can keep up and and to process everyone's photos by the first week of December!

As much as I want to be a sahm, I know it is just not in the cards. I am thankful to be teaching. It has been hard to like teaching these past two years because of some of the crappy politics going on at my school, but the kids are great this year and that is a blessing!

I am grateful for the yummy kick butt dinner we had! I must say, Damian and I can REALLY cook!!! Check out this yummy, gorgeous bird!!!







I am most thankful for these guys and their Daddy!!!



Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Kari said...

You are one strong woman!! I know this year has been a tough one but I continued to be impressed by your faith and encouraging attitude. I'm so glad that Damian's job is going well and pray that something will fall into place so that he can keep working and get back to seeking treatment for his eyes. Love you, girl - I am so grateful to have you for a friend!!!!

krizza said...

Hi there! You have a lovely blog here. I love your posts about your family and other mom tips, too. As a working mom myself, I am so delighted getting tips from experienced moms like you. Nice photo displays here, too. I love them. Keep it going!

Krizza
krizza-lifestipsandtricks.blogspot.com