Friday, December 28, 2007

Our Christmas

I hate waking up at the butt crack of dawn! Of course it's even worse on Christmas morning after spending late into Christmas Eve wrapping presents. I have a vague memory upon waking of thinking "Oh crap! The lighting is going to suck and I'm still figuring out my new camera." Olivia did not want to wake up and by the time she figured out what was going on, she was grabbing everyone's presents and yelling "mine!". Good times! The boys were finished opening their presents in 5 minutes and it took Olivia 5 hours as she had to stop and play with each gift.We thought this Christmas was going to be tight this year, but Grammy wouldn't let that happen. She spoiled them rotten , as usual. Nick has been bugging us for a cell phone since October and I would respond to him with comments like "yeah right!". He would come home with writing assignments from school or leave me notes to mail to Santa about desperately wanting cell phones and bluetooth's. Well, while shopping at Sam's Club, I saw these prepaid Go phones for $17.00. I figured if I can make my kid blissfully happy for $17.00, why not? Of course we had to get Jared one too! So we're using this to our advantage. The kids must earn their minutes and they CANNOT take them anywhere without our permission. We'll see how it goes. Olivia got a tea party table, tea sets, and princess costumes. We didn't see that kid all day. It was nice! The bummer now is that she won't wear anything but those darn costumes, and it's Friday. I hope she doesn't expect to wear them to church. Jack of course had no clue as to what was going on and at one point became buried under wrapping paper from Olivia. The rest of the day was nice. We played Wii sports with the kids. I broke 100 for the first time while bowling. Of course I'm sure it doesn't count since I didn't play with a ball. Tons of fun though! My mom spent Christmas with us and actually behaved herself for dinner when my dad and step mom came over. Despite the hassles and crabbiness that Christmas brings, we enjoyed knowing our children will have happy memories for them to reflect back on in the future. Hope your day was special for y'all.


3 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Sounds like a blast!! I may be able to pop over during naptime tomorrow for a visit. I left your present in my closet, hiding from me I suppose. So I will mail it to you next week, unless you come out to see me first!!

The Queen Bee said...

What a fun day. You are brave with the cell phones. K thinks she needs one too but I know my girl well enough to know she's a phone-talker. She also wants to be home-schooled but that ain't gonna happen either. Well have a great new year.

Tam said...

Your little girl reminds me so much of Kessa. She started getting dress up clothes around 2 and hasn't stopped wearing them. She has so many now we hang them so they stay cleaner. Kessa is really funny though. She won't wear regular clothes underneath the dresses. Even when she is at someone else's house she strips down to nothing and then gets the dress on. When I pick her up I have to go around and look for all of her clothes. She has a good point though. She will look you right in the eyes and tell you that you never see any other princesses wearing jeans under their dresses!! Good luck.

Looks like you all had a good christmas. Same here. Happy New Year