Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Know! Long Time, No Post

This is the time of year where life gets crazy. Open House and end of the year festivities are fast approaching at school. I make a memory book for each student in my class and I am so far behind on them! Along with the normal craziness has been some abnormal craziness. I must sound like a train wreck to everyone!

Last Monday, Petey the Puppy (Nick's toddler alter ego) made a return to our family. For those of you who are going "huh?", when Nick was a toddler he would pretend he was a dog and crawl around on all fours barking and licking people. We thought he grew out of it, WRONG! So on Monday, he and a little friend were pretending to be dogs in my room after school. They were hiking up their legs pretending to pee in my room. Nick, I mean Petey, decides he should mark my Mrs. Wishy Washy tub. I am teaching a farm unit and it is an actual metal can once used on a farm. I use it as a prop to act out a story in class. Well Petey discovered it has a sharp edge so as his leg came down after peeing, he sliced his shin open. He ended up needing six stitches and is out of baseball for the next three games.

My dad has been dealing with Chron's disease and after effects of several surgeries. He is going in for yet another surgery on Monday so we're a little stressed out about that.

Damian had the opportunity to go through a trial run of the physical test for the fire department on Thursday. He passed with almost a minute to spare. We are confident he'll make the list to get into the academy, but where he ranks on that list we're unsure of. We're hoping he'll make it in for the academy starting August-ish. He has a few people mentoring him and has set up to do a few ride alongs with the station down the street. Damian is continuing to heal after his eye surgery and is loving life without glasses.

I've made a few more layouts in my Digi in Deep scrapbooking class with Jessica Sprague. Her classes are addicting! Life has been so busy that I haven't had the chance to do some of the midweek assignments. I am hoping to catch up, but will probably have to do without sleep in order to do so. I am so loving it when I do have the time to spend on it. Here are more layouts to share.



8 comments:

karen said...

Sounds like you are pretty busy. THe kids or their parents rather probably really enjoy those books. What a cool teacher you are.

Hey, Do you konw Cynthia P in Louisiana. I saw your site on her list by mine. How do you know her? She was in my ward in LA when we were there. She helped us out a lot when AN was born. I have pictures of AN and her E before we left. The little girls were so cute together.

The Queen Bee said...

Wow are you busy. Good luck with it all. And good luck Damian!

Williams Family Dirt said...

I don't like your live Traffic Feed...I am going to have to ask Eric how I can be stealth...Who lives in Bloomington, Illinois?? I know who the Aurora, Colorado is...well it actually could be a couple people I know, now that I think about it...take it off! It totally bugs!!!!

Heather said...

Happy, happy birthday, dear Jen! May your days be without any more Petey the Puppy issues and little squirreliness in your classroom, and LOTS of time to digi.

:)

It really is a shame you don't get more time to digi, because you're extremely talented.

Leasa said...

I'm glad to hear that someone else thinks their life could be described as a train wreck. I always feel so abnormal with all my chaotic life! Kudos to all the fab creative things you do! I'm totally jealous of your talent!

The Queen Bee said...

I love Kiahnaw's honesty about the live feed. Only a true best friend could be that open!! I am from Bloomington Illinois! I know, what a lurker, but I check every day for a new post! I don't like the live feed I put on my blog I think it will be gone soon.

Jen Wolff said...

Syndy, It's not all you from Bloomington. Bakersfield State Farm shows up as Bloomington as well. Damian and his co-workers pop on by on occasion.

The Queen Bee said...

That makes me feel a little better. I didn't think I looked THAT often!