Saturday, April 5, 2008

What a Week!

Well, we started off the week with Jack getting a mystery virus Sunday morning. So because of it and Damian continuing to recuperate from his eye surgery, we we home and I became Dr. Mom. Poor little Jack is just now feeling better. He was throwing up and had a fever for four days. He was left with a nasty cough and congestion. I thought he was throwing up because he was hating the Tylenol, but realized Thursday night as Olivia began throwing up on my mom in her bed that the barfies are part of the package. I took Wednesday off due to no sleep. Damian couldn't help me due to part of his recovery involves lots of sleep. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't catch this one! I call this illness a mystery as I don't know where he got the cooties from since we haven't been anywhere and Jack was the first to get it.

Damian is recovering better than we had hoped. He is 20/25 in one eye and 20/30 in the other as of last Thursday. He goes back to work on Monday and returns to the Dr. on Wednesday to check his progress and healing. He couldn't be happier with the results. We are anticipating perfect vision, or close to it. Now Damian's next hurdle in the firefighter process is the physical apptitude test. A lot of guys get cut at this point. I am a little nervous for him. He has been training hard. After it, I have every confidence that the road for my husband will be one he is very capable of!

As you can see in the picture posted, Nick got his glasses. It changes his whole look to me. He doesn't have to wear them all the time like Jared does. Just for school and when he watches TV. Nick had a game yesterday. He's quite the little fielder and still shows a love and talent for catcher. His swing is still a little rusty, but I am sure he'll be back in the groove soon.

Jared made Honor Roll again and received an award at the awards assembly yesterday. Nick received all A's this quarter and also was number one in A.R. for his grade level. We let the boys choose a reward for good report cards. Nick announced since he had all A's, he'd like an iPod Nano. We negotiated him down to an iPod Shuffle. Jared chose to get a new video game. We are very proud of them!

Today I am shooting a wedding as the primary photographer. I am a little nervous for several reasons. Stephanie wants me to shoot with a camera I haven't used before. I picked it up from her last night to familiarize myself to the manual settings. This is also my first time as the main shooter. I am glad I am doing this as it is helping me to learn my camera and to be the best mommarazzi I can be!

I finished my first week of Jessica Sprague's Digi: In Deep class. It is very challenging, but I am loving every minute of it. Kiahna is taking it with me. The two layouts posted were made for her class. I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us next! Have a great weekend!



4 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Nick looks very handsome! We didn't make a visit to Bako this weekend, hopefully soon...I did however get a new vehicle. There is definitely a learning curve when it comes to driving a different car manufacturer!! We like our car, and are happy to be saving lots of money!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

Hey! No more throwing up, all right? We actually had the same symptoms for a whole week (well, sans the vomiting). These uber bugs are getting old, man.

Good health to you guys :) -