Thursday, June 19, 2008

One Wild and Crazy Summer (So far)

So I'm teaching Summer School and am glad to report I have only 6 days of teaching left. It's been especially painful and I am looking forward to scrapbooking, sleeping in, and being mom. Damian has made the fire fighters list(yeah!), but it could be up to two years before before he may receive a call to report to academy. In the meantime, he is on the hunt for a new job. I feel bad for him because I harp on him so much about it. It's scary with the way the economy is going. Gas is at about $4.50 here. The mini van is still out of commission and we don't feel too terrible about it since gas is outrageous! I also found out that I'll be going to 12 month pay which in the long run will be great, but we'll be down a couple of hundred a month in August. So if anyone knows of a great job for a great guy who graduated with his Bachelor's degree Magna Cum Laude, give us a shout:0)!
Poor Jack has been cutting teeth. He has two on top and three on the bottom and cut them all at once (yikes). He is almost ten months and is pulling himself up and standing without support. He may be my first to walk well before one year. I am glad to see my baby is motivated to keep up with his siblings, but this means he'll be all the more mobile and into more trouble. He is growing up way too fast and it makes me so sad that I am not home to witness his firsts.
I finished reading the Twilight book series a few weeks ago. Damian decided to read them as well to see what all the fuss is about. He actually likes them! I am dying for the 4th book to be out in August. I've started reading The Host in the evenings before bed. I haven't read as much as I'd like to the past few weeks because working with four kids is insane!!!! Hopefully I'll have some summer activities to post about soon since I'll be home for a few weeks!

2 comments:

Tam said...

I know what you mean about crazy - I was just thinking how great it will be when school starts again and it is only June!

I will have to read those books. I am not a vampire fan but everyone just loves them.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Yeah, only one more week of Summer School!!!