Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pushing my computer to it's limits!

So here is the latest on our computer drama. We have a new HP being shipped to our house in a few days. I was just emailed that it is labeled, packed and being picked up by UPS tomorrow. I can't wait! I am really excited about the laser etching features for the cd's and the 750 GB hard drive!!! As for my EHD, not so good news. The Geek Squad called and had me come down to Best Buy, AGAIN! My drive was causing their systems to freeze and they could not proceed with the recovery. They have to send it a facility that specializes in this. So they refunded my money as well as the money for the new EHD, and charged me a deposit for sending it out to the facility. The estimate they gave me was $747.00 (gasp!). They encouraged me not to worry as it could be as little as $259.00 (do-able). They also warned me if the damage is really bad that the cost could reach $2500.00 (never in a million years!). Once the cost to retrieve files exceeds what I've spent on digi-scrap materials, I'm done. I'll just buy them again at that point. I did find out I do have a warranty on the dead EHD and the manufacturer will cover a certain amount of recovery cost and a replacement . Of course that will all depend on the report from this recovery facility. If it's "my fault" it is not working, then there will be no coverage. So I am going about this as if I am receiving no warranty from the manufacturer. The Geek's said I had one of the best EHD's, it's just a bad drive. We'll see.
So in the meantime, I am going through creative withdrawals. I am on vacation now and am dying to make a layout. My old compy is running, more like walking reeaalll slow. I had purchased a few graphics/tutorials from Designer Digitals before this computer nightmare and the downloads were still available. One of the tutorials I bought is on how to make stickers and to color in doodles. I thought I'd share what I've done so far with it.



Credits: Laying it All Out Tutorial #17 w/Cassie Jones @ Designer Digitals
K Pertiet Krafty Ledger paper, doodles, and doodle frame
Fonts- CK Child's Play, CK Jessica, CK_Ali's Handwriting

4 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

I love the doodle look and all the colors...I may have to purchase that tutorial! Looks great...Hopefully your compy trouble will be over soon...enjoy the summer vacation!

Heather said...

Can't live with them, but can't live without them either....

At least your LO is extra cute!!!! :)

The Queen Bee said...

Sorry about your computer probs! At least you have a fun new one on the way, very exciting. We are headed your way tomorrow! Can't wait.

Laura said...

Hey Jen! You're always buggin me 2 leave a comment so here it is! Sorry 2 hear bout your computer headaches. I was hopin 2 get 2gether 2 look into my photos (seeing mom on July 11th) but I guess it'll have 2 wait till u get your new setup! Great page of Olivia! Wanna scrap on Saturday, July 5th? I'll call ya!