Sunday, June 1, 2008

Update


So much has been going on with us! I am amazed I am not a blubbering idiot by now. We just finished school last Thursday. I was knee deep in report cards, assessments, memory books, cumulative folders, checking out w/ administration... (the list goes on). I begin summer school on Monday (arghh). I keep telling myself it's only for a few hours for four weeks. Damian so owes me since I gave him my summer money to get his eye surgery. I am hopeful it pays off. I don't know if I mentioned it, but Damian did pass the physical abilities test to be a firefighter. He has his oral interview on Monday morning. I am sure he'll do great! He's had a ton of interviews at State Farm for other positions. Our thought now is it was great practice for whatever is in store for us!! He's been on many ride alongs the past few weeks with different stations. So what that has meant for me amidst all my end of the year craziness that after work and on weekends, I am a single mommy. So say a little prayer for us! We are hoping he makes the next academy. We should find out soon what his number on the list is. Nick was the number one point maker for 2nd grade in A.R. for the year. He scored 70.7 points and won a medal at an awards assembly. He also got straight A's again. He asked for a fish as his reward. Easy enough, right? We'll he then stipulated that it can't be the cheap kind that dies easily.
Jared made honor roll again! I asked him if he also wanted a fish. I was hoping he would and that I'd get off easy this quarter. You know, two fish, one bowl. Of course, he said he'd rather have a Lego set. Oh, well! We are sure proud of these boys! Olivia STILL refuses to potty train. Priscilla said she has this psycho potty training book I can borrow. I am thinking I'll have to take her up on that. Of course I have to wait until summer school is over. She can be such a toot! She is quite the character and has us laughing all the time! There is always a story with her. I give up on keeping the house clean. She is like having a hurricane in the house. Nothing is sacred and nothing is off limits, at least in her mind.
Jack has cut two teeth and is working on two more. I thought it odd he started with his top teeth. I always thought the bottom two came in first. He has been overly clingy and very cranky! I feel so bad for him! Other than Anbesol and Tylenol, there is not much more I can do for him. All he wants to do is nurse and I've been trying to wean him. Despite the fact that I need to sleep, I found time tonight to blog and to make a quick layout about Olivia and her skates. I hope she doesn't expect to wear them to church tomorrow. So if I haven't talked to you in a while or if you see me and I have a glazed look on my face, you know why.

Credits for layout: Weeds and Wildflowers Cherishing paper and yarn, Fonts- You are loved, Century Gothic

5 comments:

Tam said...

Don't you just love it when life is crazy - your whole paragraph is my life. With Michael's work schedule I am single mom most of the time. It just makes the times off really fun!!!

My J was so funny with his teeth. We called him snaggle tooth because he would only get one at a time. Made for cute pics though!

Taylor Family said...

Oops! I forgot to email you with the name of the book, so I'll post it here for everyone to see. It is called "Toilet Training in Less Than a Day" by Nathan Azrin & Richard Foxx

khubble said...

I love all your cute graphics, you'll have to show me where to get it or how you create it.

Heather said...

Jen,

Take care of yourself during this hectic time - adequate sleep, vitamins, get a babysitter (if we lived close enough, I'd do it)(I'm a super sitter!)....

Williams Family Dirt said...

My sister is a dork, I tell her this stuff all the time!! I just registered for NWR last night and took pictures of my boys with my $3 white sheet from the best store ever--Walmart! I am hoping to finish DID Lesson 4 during naptime today, and possibly Assignment 3B later this week!