Sunday, September 7, 2008

Jen, Kiahna, and Priscilla's Adventure

At the end of July, I get a phone call from Kiahna that a lady from her ward wants to talk to me about shooting her daughter's wedding. They hadn't found a photographer and there was only a month before the wedding, they were a bit frantic. I nervously accpeted the job. Because of my experience with the photographer I had assisted (won't go in to that), and the fact that I would be shooting at the San Diego temple in the mid-day sun (the worst possible time to shoot) my confidence was less than perfect.  Kiahna cheered me on, offered to be my assistant, reminded me that I had just learned some amazing things from Candice, had some crazy photoshop skills, and told me we could do this. Priscilla was an added bonus and in need of some mommy time and joined in the fun.I couldn't have been happier with the reuslts and they were the perfect couple to photograph! It was a total challenge finding the right places to shoot in the funky sun, but I figured it out. For LDS standards, this was a pretty swanky event. Instead of a CA. reception, the family hosted a luncheon at the Sheraton Marina Hotel. Was I in the right element? So now I have a website that is under construction and a new blog. I'd love to conquer the LDS wedding market in CA. (hehehe). So here is the link to my new blog:

http://jenwolff.blogspot.com 

Feel free to check it out and say "hi!". On my blog, I have two slide shows with about eighty photos between them and I have about 600 more to edit. Editing is the fun part where I put these mad photoshop skills to use.  I never really intended to start a business, but it'll be great extra money on the side. I have already began negotiations for a few more weddings and have had people call me out of the blue asking for family photos and Christmas card designs. I think I am going to be very busy in the near future.

1 comment:

Gretchen Clark said...

awesome job! how exciting!