Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great day! I stayed in my jammies all day! Damian and Nick went to our ward's turkey bowl and had left before I woke up. I hear they had an absolute blast. They came home all dirty and stinky. Bluck! Damian and I started cooking some of our dishes last night so that all we had to do was heat. Boy, does that help to make things less stressful! I love that my husband enjoys cooking with me! I think in his next life, he'll be an Iron Chef! He is such a Food Network junky! We watched the Jon and Kate Plus 8 Marathon as we cooked. My mom was off gallivanting with her new boyfriend and opted out of dinner with us this year. My dad went to visit my grandma who isn't doing well. So it was just our little family and a big fat turkey! It was nice to not be stressed out today! I must say, we had an amazing dinner!!! The menu this year included:

Turkey(of course)
Smashed Potatoes and Gravy
Sweet Potatoes
Chef Salad
Broccoli Salad
Funeral Potatoes
Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Yeast Rolls
Martinelli's in fancy glasses






>












Olivia could not get over drinking from a fancy glass, toasting, and constantly clinking her glass to daddy's while squealing "Cheers". For dessert, we had chocolate pumpkin pie. Well, there goes the 20 pounds of post baby fat I've lost since June! To my friends, family, and lurkers: I hope you had an amazing day! There is much to be thankful for! Hugs!

4 comments:

Carol said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love your little captions on the photos.
Chocolate and pumpkin pie? I guess we don't have pumpkin pie at all over here so it is hard to picture the two together.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Looks awesome, now you can enjoy your three day weekend and eat all the leftovers! See you tomorrow!

Heather said...

You need to send Carol some of the chocolate pumpkin pie, oh to die for, for sure!!

Anonymous said...

I saw your Christmas card over on the Jessica Sprague Photo-a-Day gallery. I commented on it there then came over here. Just checking out your blog...not lurking...but commenting...I like comments on my blog so I'm leaving one on yours!!! ;D Your photography is wonderful!!!! I believe I'll be back here again to visit!