Friday, April 10, 2009

The Vacation-Day1 @ California Adventure

Too much info for one post. Easier for me and for you if I take it one day at a time.

Do you think we left home on time? Nah! We arrived in Anaheim, checked into the hotel, and made it to California Adventure by about 2:00. Holy Cow was it crowded!!! It kinda of scared us as we thought it was an indicative of what would be in store for the following day at Disneyland. My camera was not cooperating with me. I took the wrong lens and couldn't get my aperture lower than 5.6 (argh).

We ran first to Tower of Terror to get our fast passes. Spent time on that end of the park until our appointment time. I love Tower of Terror, but left the ride feeling motion sick. I ended up having a raging migraine for the duration of the day. Damian's eyes were bothering him. He wasn't feeling too hot either. By about 8:00 pm, he was more than happy to take a not so happy baby back to the hotel while I waited in a 40 minute line with my other offspring for Toy Story Midway. It was an ehh day. The beds were uber comfy and we were prayerful the following day would be better. Stay tuned for day two. Here's a few pics from the day:
























Story behind this photo. We were sitting on a bench under California Screamin' eating our monster turkey legs, corn on the cob, chimichangas, and hotdogs minding our own beeswax. With every passing coaster brought screaming. Jack thought this was hysterical and would scream a blood piercing scream with every passing coaster. With every passing tourist brought giggles. It was too cute...for a while. Oh, and yes, my small children wear leashes.

I love this ride!!!!!




4 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Did you buy the "Totally Buggin" Brittish kit yet? Great pictures, even with the wrong lens! Can't wait to see the beach photos...

karen said...

We do too. I think before we go to disney in aug I will get some of those leashes that look like animal backpacks. Looks like a fun time. Excited for my first time @ california adventure. Glad i have 4 days to experience it all.

The Queen Bee said...

My little kids always wore leashes too. Some people made comments but hey I wasn't searching franticly in a crowd of 100's of people for my child!

Kari said...

I would have killed for a leash for Cougar this last trip ... he doesn't love the idea of hangin' in the stroller all day anymore!!! Love that you are the daredevil mama - my girls fave rides are California Screamin', Tower of Terror, and Space Mountain ... they totally get that from me :)