Monday, December 27, 2010

Best Christmas Evah!!!!

I really think this was the best Christmas ever and the kids agree! This past year and a half has been VERY TOUGH on us all and this Christmas we are all grateful for the many blessings in our lives and for the greatest gift given, our Savior. We are hopeful that this new year will have wonderful things in store for our family (and yours).

I have got to brag a bit. I was able to do Christmas for $500.00 this year for the kids and they got everything they had asked for! Shopped Black Friday and got some AMAZING and UNBELIEVABLE deals!!! Yay Me!!! Then I came across an AMAZING deal on a laptop (which we desperately needed). With all my photo editing and the kids school needs for the computer, we were all fighting for computer time. Obviously that blew the budget I had set for us. Thankful for the deal we found on the Dell laptop!! One of those QVC deals where they break the payments up into five payments. In lieu of Christmas gifts for ourselves, Damian and I got the laptop and called it a family gift for us and the big kids. Feeling a lot guilty about the purchase. Aww heck, I always feel guilty about big purchases.

We were up at the butt crack of dawn to open gifts (thanks Olivia!). After gifts we had yummy cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Grammy and Richard treated us all to Harry Potter and snacks. It was Jack's first experience at the theater and he did GREAT!!! Although I am very disappointed with the "inappropriate scene" in the movie when Ron is attempting to destroy a holcrux. Had to have my kiddies close their eyes. Heck, my eyes were burning!!!

Upon returning home to a messy house, Damian and I got to cooking an awesome Christmas dinner. We never disappoint with the food we make around her! Honey Baked Ham (thanks Richard!) and all the fixins!

I think we were all in bed around 7:30 pm.

So today we are attempting to finish straightening up the house. I am sure there will also be Nerf Gun battles, Starcraft on the new laptop, leftovers, and Glitterizing everything Barbie.

It was a magical holiday for us all despite our many challenges! We are truly blessed!



1 comment:

Kari said...

Looks to me like you guys had a most wonderful day! Love all of the pics ... there's something so awesome about Christmas morning pics! You are a super bargain shopper, too - I'm hoping to learn to be better about that next year ;)