Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Padres vs. The Yankees

Nick's team played the Yankees this weekend! From what I understand, the Yankees are the best team this season. The Padres did an awesome job! I don't usually keep score, but in the end, Nick's team was down by about 3 points. In other words, they did awesome! Nick and his buddies thought they won. Who am I to burst their bubble? One of the grandma's at the game pointed out something to me. EVERY time Nick is catcher (which is for most of the game) he crosses his fingers behind his back (see photo). I asked him if there was a reason and he said "For luck". Too stinkin' cute! On another note, I watched general conference today and was impressed by President Eyring's talk. He stated (and I hope I get this right, but here is the gist of it) that Heavenly Father doesn't always give us experiences just for us, so write it down. I got a little teary eyed as did Damian as we thought about documenting our family history not only for the significant moments, but maybe some of the more mundane moments. These experiences may be more significant than we think. So maybe our kids can look back at journals, blogs, scrapbooks, etc... and find something they may need when they are grown. On a more humorous note, the first presidency has further strengthened my argument for hoarding scrapbook materials and keeping the office as more of a scrapbooking space.











































4 comments:

karen said...

How funny. John & I cant wait for our boys to start baseball. David will be able to next year. I guess all that matters is that they are having fun. Oh and the pizza after the game.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Love the pic with his fingers crossed, that is priceless!

Unknown said...

I wish we had got the "war wound" from sat. on film too- it sounded positively first aid worthy. :)
LOVE the crossed fingers!

karen said...

Hey Jen. go back to my site and email me so I have your email. I can talk better that way.