Saturday, August 23, 2008

1st Day of School

I've been crazy busy getting ready for school! The weeks spent getting ready for my students are always hectic for me. I feel so bad that I've neglected my blog! Sorry! Well, we started school last Monday. I am unable to walk my boys to their class as I was meeting with mine. So, Daddy got that privilege, I am so jealous! Damian attempted to shoot with my big phat camera. I even gave him permission to shoot in auto (gasp!). He choked, but tried! I want to teach him to use it so that one day, I can be in photos(hee hee!). I told him no worries and that I'd just go to the boy's rooms after school for pictures. Jared is in the 5th grade this year. Where has the time gone? It feels like yesterday when I brought him home from the hospital! I am officially the mother of a tweener and the attitude that comes along with it. He loves his teacher and his new room! Nick is in the 3rd grade and is eager to start AR. He is determined to be #1 reader for the year...again! He loves his teacher as well and is excited to show her that he can multiply. The little turkey taught himself! Damian and I started the year off with a bribe. Good grades = PS3 game system. I may regret this promise...What am I thinking?!?! Well, my class got off to a rocky start. I have several severe behavior problems and a little boy was already sent home his 2nd day of school for getting physical with an aide. I have a couple of kids who have serious medical conditions which scares me a bit. I have six kids that cannot write their name which is an unusually high number for our school. All of this plus normal kindergarten issues makes for a tired teacher! Needless to say I am totally frazzled! Anywho! Here's to a great year of school!

2 comments:

The Queen Bee said...

Man girl, I'm glad I'm not a teacher. It's hard enough with 3 at home let alone a whole room full that you can't even spank! I hope the rest of the year goes better. K couldn't write her name when she started kindergarten either. Just chalk it up to first time mom didn't know what she needed to know. They will catch up. Hang in there and just try to have some good influence in these kids lives. Heaven knows they probably need it.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Bummer sounds like you will have your hands full this year!