Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Baby Turns 1!


I can't believe my happy accident is one! He wasn't planned for, but I couldn't imagine my life without him! What an amazing little guy he is! He has been walking for almost two months now and is beginning to say real words (for example: "up" when he wants up and "Jared" better than Olivia can). I was away at Creative Photography Retreat until late Saturday evening (awesome experience! I will blog about it soon). I made sure to call him Saturday and sing to him (a few others around chimed in as well). He hasn't been feeling well this weekend so of course he is super crabby. When I got home at about 11:00 Saturday night, I kissed and snuggled him for a few minutes as he slept. We didn't have a big shin-dig planned for him, but instead had the grandparents over for dinner, a little cake destruction, and of course presents. He is not a fan of cake. It was all fun for the first few minutes and he was over it. We tried to take him back to the cake after crawling away but he threw a fit. Here's a bit of what I shot today. Poor little guy fell after everyone left and hit his head pretty hard on a table. He has a nasty goose egg on his forehead. Already crabby baby became crabbier. While wailing, we then discovered he was out of formula so we had to break the Sabbath and go to the store. At least tomorrow is a holiday! Yay! I look forward to having a quiet day with the family!

Credits: background by me, Miss Mint painted ric rac, Britt-ish Designs stitched border, font-Love Ya Like A Sister

4 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Very cute picture Jen. I cannot believe Jack is already one! Time sure does fly...how did you do the background? Glad you had fun at CPR. Can't wait to hear about your latest adventure.

karen said...

Jack is really cute. Those are great pictures of him. Can you believe our babies are 1 now. I guess we cant call them babies anymore they are toddlers. YIKES. just what I need in this house is another toddler. I hope he is feeling better today. Give him a big happy birthday hug from me.

Tam said...

I am with everyone else - those are great pictures. Did you shoot them? To take a term from your weekend - those pictures really tell a story!!!

Happy birthday to your little one - mine just turned 2 and my mind is still spinning.

Unknown said...

Great review & photos from the retreat! Have you come down off your cloud yet? Wish I could get to one; maybe next year!
TFS!