Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas came, kicked my butt, and left the house a mess!

I knew it was going to be a rough Christmas when late Christmas Eve night, the house alarm was set off by Santa (Daddy). I seriously woke up screaming! Not a nice way to wake up!!! We told the kids we forgot to give Santa the alarm code. It's not an easy thing to fall back asleep after being scared awake. It took about 2 hours for me to fall back asleep on the sofa. Fortunately good movies were to be found on cable.

The kid who doesn't wake up early ever (Nick) was the first up at about 6 am. He does make exceptions for baseball or Christmas morning. I being on the sofa of course hear him coming out to look at the presents, count the presents, run back to wake Jared (the usual early riser), & hear the discussion on who has the most presents in the very best stage whisper voices. I nicely ask them to let me sleep a few more minutes and to carry out their discussion in their rooms. I took pity on them and let them come out eventually. I really just needed a few more minutes!

I loved seeing the smiles on their faces as their Christmas wishes came true!! The boy's have been doing this a while, so they were finished opening their presents lickety split. The little ones were so fun to watch! They took their time and were so excited over each and every gift. After every gift, Olivia said "This is what I always wanted!". Jack had the cutest expressions while opening his goodies!!!






























































I managed to muster the strength to get cinnamon rolls going, pile up the trash, and start the ever so tedious task of taking those flipping toys out of boxes. Word of advice, have on hand wire cutters!!! Makes life so much easier! Damian was good enough to cook a majority of Christmas dinner. I did take-over when it came time for stuffing and gravy. I am a gravy snob and am very particular about it! If everything tastes bad, drown it in gravy and all is better. Damian did a fantastic job on the dinner so good gravy was an added bonus!

Mom spent the morning with us and my Dad and my step-mom spent the late afternoon with us. It took 4 adults to assemble Olivia's stinkin' Disney princess stroller. She had been on us all day about it and we desperately needed grandpa's help. What a pain in the a@#!

I declared that if your last name was Wolff, you could stay in your jammies all day long!!! Too tired to look pretty! We didn't get all the Christmas trash out, left the house cluttered, and were all in bed terribly early. Christmas, a painful yet wonderful day! Still trying to recuperate today. I declared it another stay in your jammies all day kind of day.

1 comment:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!