Monday, December 28, 2009

What did you think of 2009?

Most of it sucked! There were some nice moments. We've done our best to enjoy this year's journey, but it still mostly sucked. We try to be the "cup is half full kind of people", but lately we've been the "cup is half empty kind of people". I know, I know, time for an attitude adjustment. Working on it. We have come across a lot of...well, problems this year and trying our best to solve them.



















Trying to be humorous here. Is it working?
For other funny demotivational posters go here. Gave us a good laugh and boy do we need it!

It's been a long time since I've posted anything to the bloggy until recently!! If you have noticed, I've really made an effort to post during my vacation. I have been MIA for several reasons:

The holiday season (Oct-Dec) has really kept me busy. I have had lots of photography sessions/card designing which have kept me super busy. I am so thankful that I have a growing client base especially with Damian not working, but with a full time job (that hasn't been a fun place to be) and a full time family, it has been very hard to keep up with anything, even my little ones.

We were also the victim of identity theft. Some evil, horrid person decided to charge plane tickets to my checking account using my Visa check card of over $1000.00. There were several charges to our account which I thought was Damian paying our bills. While going through junk mail, I found an online confirmation letter sent to me with my name and the alleged names of the travelers. I almost shredded it, but suddenly felt strongly impressed upon that I should open before shredding. The really crappy thing is that I missed the window of time to dispute it with the bank. Jeez, can't help the fact that my husband is out of work because of a medical condition (totally illegal) and that we had to travel to UCLA medical center for said medical condition or that my Granny died???? All while I am supposed to noticed we were stolen from?? Sometimes some things go unnoticed and does not negate the fact we were victims of a crime!!!!! So I have to make recovery attempts the hard way (which may or may not be futile). Possibly finding an attorney, I dunno??? The airlines is less than helpful and the only thing I could find out is that they were never used. So I have spent a big chunk of my vacation on making a police report, fact finding missions, calling my senator, trying to find out a consumer reporting agency to report to. I am taking off (most) January off from photography to spend some much needed time with my family, finish editing my last wedding, and to focus on my Creative Team duties (in other words to save my sanity) despite the fact we could use the extra income. So that, my friends, is my boohoo story and my excuses for neglecting the bloggy.

***P.S. Damian may have a job possibility. Please send prayers& happy thoughts;0).***

***Update 12/30/09 Homeowners insurance is for sure covering the identity theft-Yay!- Just gotta jump through all the hoops then wait for it.***

No comments: