Monday, December 21, 2009

'Tis the Season...

for holiday choir and band performances!!!! Nick was lucky to be included in choir this semester. Those of you who know him know what a clown he is. Well, one day during practice in October, he got kicked out of choir indefinitely. The music teacher for our district approached me during my lunch break to inform me of his antics. Of course he prefaced the conversation with "Wow, your boys are like night and day!". Every time the choir teacher would turn around, Nick would bust a move and spaz out getting everyone around him wound up. Much like the below picture.














(Disclaimer-I did not ask him to pose like this)
Nick did this several times before getting caught. After three weeks on the sidelines and an extremely long apology letter he was commissioned to write by me, he was allowed to rejoin the choir. My wild child did a great job and we are proud of him for pulling it together otherwise he would have been grounded until 30. The theme of his performance was racial tolerance and multicultural appreciation symbolized through red and green candy canes personified. Get where I am going? Lame show, great singing by my kid! Wouldn't have missed it!





















Jared's band performance was AMAZING! We have the best band teacher! Mr. Barr is part of the reason my kids still go to school in my district rather than the neighborhood school. Jared plays five instruments (alto sax, bass drum, snare drum, steel drum, and xylophone). He sounds like he has been playing for years. He attends zero period every morning for drum line and steel drum band practice as well as another band period during the day. The steel drum band was showcased as well at the concert. Truly impressive, and I'm not just saying this because I am his mom.





























































They are for hire if anyone is looking for a fantastic steel drum band. Thanks to my dad for bringing his camera. My phat daddy camera already has to be sent in. I thought I had lost my mojo and my ability to nail sharp photos. This went on for months, then I used my friends camera and I realized it wasn't me (Hallelujah!). I would have been bumming if I didn't get pics of Jared playing.

No comments: