Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Monday!

I'd like to share a poem I teach my kindergartners to commemorate President's Day.

George Washington is tops with me.
For he cut down the cherry tree. He saved us all from British rule
So we could all stay home from school!

Ok, I know the cherry tree thing is controversial, but my students love this poem!We're all starting to feel better, but now the granny nanny has a fever. Hope she feels better! The Lawson boys came over to play a video game and for some backyard fun with the big boys. Olivia wore every princess dress today (not at the same time of course)and watched Max and Ruby (her favorite show). Jack was in good spirits and happy to have mommy home. I squeezed in a little digi scrapping (yeah!). I finished a layout for Nick last night and one for Olivia today. I've posted a link in the side bar to my online gallery at Digi Shop Talk. You can peek at what I create and find credits for the materials I use. Hope you had a happy Monday!


7 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on your wonderful CT news! I knew you could do it!!!!

karen said...

The pictures look great Jen. I hope to have more time to do stuff like that after the move. I might have to call you then to see what to do. I love your ideas.

Suzanne Earley said...

The baseball LO is priceless. Love the way you highlighted his crossed fingers, and I also really like the added detail of the semi-transparent picture above the journaling. Nice job!

Tam said...

You really have a talent for these layouts. They look great.

SusanD said...

Jen,
Wow thank you and your husband. I do appreciate it. Your blog and your LO's are so great.
Here's my email
jsd575 at hotmail dot com
Thanks again,
Susan Dingess

SusanD said...

Thank you 2 again! I have the directions!! I will let you know when I get there. I really appreciate the time.
Susan

Williams Family Dirt said...

I thought I posted a comment already...the layouts are great Jenn, and I love that poem. Glad you enjoyed a 3-day weekend.