Saturday, February 16, 2008

Oh Happy Day! & My Daily Ramblings

I just want to share with you how much I love Saturdays!!! Especially lazy Saturdays!! Here's today's reason why!! I have the revolving door class this year. I started out the year with 19 students (9 girls and 10 boys). My population has changed. I now have 14 boys and 5 girls. Don't get me wrong, I love little boys and I hate to make generalizations as it is not true for everyone, but boy,oh boy! Do I have my hands full!! They are a bundle of energy and very precocious! I had to laugh as my long term sub from my maternity leave left me with a vivid analogy- some of them are like squirrels on speed. I love these little guys, but they take every ounce of patience!! I've had an highly unusual frequency of biting with my boys. I also have what I call a "mystery pooper". A poop accident happens, but I find little pooplings on the floor regularly (I think I figured out "whodunnit") The boys just cannot keep their hands to themself. I find myself having to be very creative this year with my classroom management. My class academically is an interesting mix. I have 10 reading (yeah!), I have 5 almost there (we are working on what to do with our sounds now that they know them), and 4 that are lost (three of them are my new boys) and have a learned helplessness. So what that means for me is that I'm either attending to the needs of the high as they are so fast with everything, or attending to the low students by constantly prodding them to finish any work and cheering them on that they can do it! They keep me on my toes, make me laugh, and at times, give me more gray hairs. So that is one reason I treasure and relish my Saturdays, a day off! It's also my day to spend with my kids (I miss them so much during the week), tinker away at the computer, and hang out in my jammies!!! Damian and the boys went fishing with Grandpa today. Jack caught a bug from I believe, the Dr.'s office. I took him in last week for a rash(exczema), a few days later he had a fever and croopy cough. Yet another reason to hate Kaiser, no well baby/child waiting rooms or exam rooms. I haven't taken Jack anywhere and no one else has what he has.ARghhh! Despite not feeling well and lack of sleep, we are both still in good spirits! I am finishing up my photoshop class this weekend. Here's a layout I made last night.I plan on creating a few more tonight. Have a happy Saturday!

7 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

I had a mystery pooper at my house last playdate...Nothing like Trevor bringing me a terd and I grabbed it to smell it, not knowing what it was mind you...I haven't told my friend yet, because she would be mortified. You see his Daddy brought him to playgroup, while his Mommy was out of town, and Daddy was caught up in playing the X-box, and didn't notice his son leaving a trail of terds, poor thing...his whiteys weren't tighties...He is also knewly potty trained.

Have a great Saturday...I have lots of catching up to do today since we have all been sick this week!

SusanD said...

Hope you feel better. I just popped, not pooped :), over from the JS forum. Your blog is gorgeous!! WOW.
Do you mind sharing how you got the background done?

Thank you!

Heather said...

What sacred work you do as a teacher, poop and all! And more importantly, as a mom and wife.

karen said...

If you could get sick from over the blog lines I would say you Jack got sick from Josh but since thats impossible Im sorry hes sick. Its not fun with the little ones sick. I hope he gets better soon. Josh had it for almost a week.

SusanD said...

I bought the actions during the NWR Oct. class. Bought the pro pack. I do like them; I love the acid wash one. They are super easy to install in PSE; in PS2 I had to install them one-by-one.

The Queen Bee said...

I'm not as mortified by poop as I used to be but it's totally different when it's not even your kid! YUCK. You guys are troopers!

Heather said...

Regarding the blue squares LO, I just used the rounded rectange tool and layered several of them. Thought I'd try something different. ;)