Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's Been a Rough Week for the Wolff's!

So here are the layouts I've created in my photoshop class! I am having a blast!!! I have a little less than two weeks until I'm finished. I am dreading it! I have enjoyed making these layouts after a long day at work. Jared had his birthday party at the bowling alley last Saturday. The kids had fun and that's the important thing. I however, did not! We went to a different alley than we normally visit (Westchester, yuck!). The linoleum was coming up all over the place. I went to get all the boys some drinks. I admit, I had a premonition of falling with a tray of drinks. I was walking very slowly and right as I got to the lanes, you guessed it, I ate it!! There was a huge chunk of linoleum sticking up. My shoe got caught, I lost my balance, lost the drinks and landed on my left knee. All they did was comp our drinks. I should have given them more attitude. Our games and shoes should have been compensated as well!! By Sunday, my knee was bruised, my thigh was sore and I think I had whiplash as I couldn't turn my head to the left. I am just now feeling functional. Today was supposed to be Damian's big day to get "fixed" if you know what I mean. Before I begin there is a little background information. The day we brought Jack home from the hospital, Damian called to get the ball rolling on this process. We thought we could be done before I went back to work. Nobody returned our call. So we called the week before I went back. They finally scheduled us for the "class". So he goes to this class in October and gets all the info. about what to expect and what to do the night before. They didn't schedule an appointment there for the procedure as they wanted him to go home and think about it. Whatever?!! He told them "I'm 32 years old and I have four kids, there's nothing to think about". They said we'll call you in two weeks instead of four. Do you think they called? Of course not! In November, Damian called to bug them and got an appointment for January. Well we get a call in January that the doctor hurt his hand and Damian needs to reschedule. OK, we were miffed, but stuff happens. What ticked us off was that they made us wait another whole month!!!!They rescheduled him and we made our plans with work for today. It stinks for me as I am all out of sick time as I used it on maternity leave. Basically, no work, no pay. My mom received a reminder call yesterday that his procedure was scheduled for 9:00am. So I drop the kids off at school. We were running a bit behind (by about 5 minutes due to traffic). Damian has Kaiser, so you can't just call the doctor. We tried, but kept getting recordings. We got there at about 9:06. I went to the window before Damian as he was checking in and this nurse gives me attitude about rescheduling. He comes up behind me and this witchy nurse told him that he has to reschedule. He went into the office with her and she told him that we were supposed to be there at 8:30 and that even if we were there at
9:00, we were too late. Nowhere in his packet (which he showed her) or by any phone call was he told to be there at 8:30. I hear this whole conversation from the lobby and those of you who know my husband know he is very easygoing and laidback. He shouts to her (because of her witchiness) "That's crap!". If I were back there, I would've ripped her head off! She tossed him a card with a rescheduled appointment for a month from now and said something to the effect that "I've handled it" and walked off. So of course, we're on the road home at 9:20. He called Kaiser and filed a formal complaint against the nurse and the fact that no one told him to be there at 8:30. They said they'd call us back in two days and try to get him an earlier appointment. I told him that's fine as long as that nurse doesn't touch him. This Dr. is the only one Kaiser has so he's going to have to deal with her again. I am so tempted to have my husband drop his insurance so we can use mine. Kaiser is the DEVIL and this isn't the only problem we've had with them. They better schedule Damian for one of the President's Holidays!! I've already missed two days in the past few weeks and money is a bit tight! Wow! Venting to our blog does wonders, I feel a bit better now. Well , I'm off to vote!




8 comments:

Tam said...

You must of been working hard tonight because I checked your blog just about 1 hour ago and nothing had changed.

I really like the new layout. You will have to share where you get the backgrounds. It always looks great.

Good luck to Damian. I always hated dealing with Kaiser!!! But now we have United Health and they are not always that easy either

Williams Family Dirt said...

That really sucks, your blog looks great! Hope your knee is getting better.

The Queen Bee said...

Man what a story. Being the eternally supersticious person I am I would take that as a "sign"!! Just kidding. Kaiser does have it's quirks! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Your layouts look fabulous!!

I understand your frusteration with Kaiser; the only people I know who haven't had problems with them were employees. Good luck getting everything worked out.

I agree with Tam, United does have its own set of challenges. After sitting with Zachary in the Urgent Care last night for more than an hour and a half, I was a bit cranky (we were the third in line... no reason to take that long).

Here's hoping this week is much, much better.

Willow

Anonymous said...

We had Kaiser and you just have to know when to threaten with a lawer. it's amazing how much they listen to you!

Chris C

karen said...

Sorry you dont have much luck with Kaiser. We have it too and I LOVE my dr's. They have all been great.

How are you felling now? Is your neck still stiff?

Heather said...

Oh Jen, hope you and your family have better days ahead. Muah!

cyndi said...

Okay you know how blogging goes I was looking at friends Nat and Jill's and end up on yours. I just got a Mac and am DYING to take a photoshop class. And iI can make amazing layouts like your sign me up. If you don't mind clicking on my name and going to my blog and giving me some pointers that would be great. Like where did you take you class and stuff. Also I love you Familes Proc. you did I am totally copying that!

Your stuff on in here is SOOOO CUTE!!!!