Thursday, July 17, 2008

Photography Class


I am having so much fun this summer! I have been taking a photography class with Candice Stringham and let me tell you, I have had many AHA! moments with regards to the technical side of photography. I thought I'd share with you one of my creative assignments. We were to explore our neighborhood/town and look for a location that you may not have noticed before and shoot there. She even suggested taking our kiddies with us as an adventure. Well I would never take all four of them by myself anywhere, but Nick kindly volunteered to help me with my homework. So Nick and I hopped in the car and went exploring. We found this really cool abandoned shack. What a treasure it is! What was so cool that behind it was some old farm equipment and junk that added to the character. I challenged myself to shoot and edit in RAW format as well. I am very happy with the result. Thought I'd share my work.

3 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Awesome picture...I love the textured action!

Williams Family Dirt said...

So I saw your new blog, but I assume you are not ready to launch it because I am not an invited reader!! You suck!!

Tam said...

How great - your kids are such good sports. The pictures always turn out great too.

I need to go out with my two year old - he still doesn't have a good picture even on the wall. But he is sooo active that by the time I set up the shot and say "cheese" he is gone!! I have a ton of my little girl though.

Good luck with the class. I would love to do something like that one of these days.