Friday, July 25, 2008

So, Does Anyone Read my Blog? Memories! Update...Finally!

I know I have more than two readers! So my dear friends, acquaintances, and lurkers. Say "hi!" every now and then. It motivates me to keep on blogging! Anyways, So someone out there started a challenge on a blog where someone leaves a memory of their friendship in the comment section and then posts the challenge on their blog. I left some memories on Kiahna's and Karen's blog from the single's ward era of our lives. Since I left memories on their blog, I now must post the same challenge. What memories do you have of our friendship? Please don't leave anything too embarrasing, okay! If we are new friends, just say hi! On a side note- Willow, I am so proud of you! I saw you created a blogger profile! Does that mean you'll have a blog soon?

So now for an update. This Summer has been quite eventful despite the fact I have tried to lay low. Our computer issues are now all taken care of and we are the proud new owners of a "Phat" system!!! YAY!!! I don't know how we were able to scrounge up the cash to take care of our computer woes, but we did. It was really a miracle since I don't get paid over the summer!! Olivia is now fully potty trained (insert choir of angels singing-"Hallelujah!"). I thought this day would never come! My beloved shih-tzu Zoey passed unexpectedly Tuesday morning. I can't go into much detail as it is too painful for me to talk about and the tears are welling up in my eyes as I type this sentence. Changing the subject...I haven't mentioned this before, but Damian's recovery with his eye surgery had a minor complication (too much scar tissue/over healing). This morning he is having the procedure again. It's a good thing he didn't make a higher ranking on the firefighter list. He needs the extra time to heal properly so he can pass the vision requirement. Jack is now trying to walk. Every day he is taking more and more steps. He'll be running in no time. It amazes me how quickly he has grown and what a blessing he has been to our little family. The end of next month will be his first birthday so I have to get busy planning a little shin-dig. Jared and Nick are turning out to be awesome babysitters! They are great with Jack and have been giving me some much needed quite moments. When they are not playing with the little ones, they are in video game heaven which is fine by me! Once school starts that time will be drastically cut. Kiahna and I are going on an adventure the weekend before I report back to teach!!! I can't wait to share all about it with you, but you'll just have to wait until we're back. For now, it's a secret. I am also going to San Jose for CK's Creative Photography Retreat at the end of August. I am so jazzed!!! I get to meet Jessica Sprague, Candice Stringham, and Ali Edwards. It looks like I'll be missing Lisa Bearnson on Thursday night. I have to drive up late to the event as I have Back to School Night the evening it begins. I am just happy to attend. It's a weekend of learning photography skills to apply to scrapbooking. More good news to share...it looks like we get to have the van fixed next month as well. That's exciting as I won't have to drive Damian to work anymore or coordinate rides for him to choir practice. If I could choose one word to describe this summer, it would have to be rollercoaster. Lots of highs,lows, and screaming. I have one more week of nothingness before I have to start getting my classroom ready for the new school year. Keeping my fingers crossed I get a better class!!! Last year's group was rough!!! I'll leave you with a new layout I made last night. Catch ya later and have a happy Friday!


Credits: JWilson Girls Laundry ppr & Sparklebet, KPertiet floral edger no.1-3, LGrieveson worn strips Recolored, WW vintage comfort ribbon recolored, Shabby Princess Stitches, Something Blue Studios frame, Fonts-CK ali's Handwriting, VT Portable Remington

8 comments:

Willow said...

Okay, it is a crummy memory, but still amusing (kind of). --Back Story-- From the moment I got my driver's liscense my mother had constantly talked of the evils of speeding. "Never go more than 5 miles over the speed limit, or you will get a ticket." First, mom is a speed demon and the last person to speak ill of excess velocity. Second, all of her advise was met with a majoy eye-roll... who would ticket a driver for going 6 miles over the speed limit?

Well, one wild trip to Malibu for an Institute retreat we met the officer that would ticket someone for that extra mile. As I recall, you were fined for going 6 miles over the speed limit.... hardly a serious violation in my mind.

Sorry it was a trafic infraction that came to mind. It couldn't be helped, I still have nightmares where that Selena (I think that was her name) song plays constantly just like it did during the drive. =)

PS Nope, still no blog.

Gretchen Clark said...

I read your blog! Love your pictures;o) How awesome to be able to meet Jessica Sprague! She is my hero too!

The Queen Bee said...

Yes I still ready your blog but since I've been on vacation don't leave comments very often.

Memories... I remember a certain FHE we were in charge of together and it was fun. Something about dropping icecream in your partners mouth from about 4 feet up?

Heather said...

The first time I saw one of your LOs in U&R, I was fascinated - who WAS this talented person that has FOUR children and puts out stuff like that in a beginner's class? Definitely something you're born with, I guess. :) Glad to be digi friends! Hopefully we'll meet each other in real life soon -

SusanD said...

I read your blog; I don't get blog hopping too often,tho. I love looking at yours and reading it.

Mine is so ignored. Getting ready to go out-of-town next week and have iffy internet..., if my Verizon card gets a signal in the mountains on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Mostly, no.

You are gonna love Jessica; she is personality, plus. She is real and very funny. We ran into Ali outside of the Hyatt; she was there with Simon and Chris for the Democratic meeting. She looks exactly like her pics, where I think Jessica is so animated that her pic on her home page doesn't look exactly like her. The LO's from Chicago do look like her tho.

I would love to go to that Photo course, but I think DH is still recovering from Chicago.

Have a great time.

I remember what going back to school was like.

DH is calling.

Susan

karen said...

Thanks Willow. Totally forgot about that. We did look awesome back then huh. (Pic on blog) Now that you said all that I too remember. I love how jen made us laugh were ever we were. ie. bishops, dances, DENNY's

I love reading your blog. Dont stop. :)

karen said...

Hey jen. just wanted to tell you Im still checking your blog and I FINISHED TWILIGHT tonight. LOVED IT. On to New moon now.

Lisbet said...

I read. I lovely LO...

Lisbet
www.digiscrapp.blogspot.com