Thursday, July 16, 2009

Broccoli Salad-Now you can stop bugging me ;D

Okay!!!!! Here it is! So many of you keep asking me for the recipe so I am posting it here. Now you can hop on over and look it up whenever you get the craving.
















We had this for dinner tonight with little ham sandwiches con peppercrack (I swear there is something illegal in it)cheese. Oh, and on yeast rolls from Sam's Club.
Broccoli Salad
Dressing:
1 1/2 C of mayonnaise
1/4 to 1/2 C of apple cider vinegar
1/2 C sugar

*note-tweek to your liking. I prefer a bit less than 1/4 c of apple cider vinegar and a smidge more sugar. Sorry, I don't measure "tweeks".

3-4 stalks of broccoli florets chopped (get rid of the nasty stalk and chop it fine-see picture)
1 medium purple onion chopped ( I usually leave it out. I am not always in the mood for onions)
1/2 C raisins (I add a few more ;D)
1/2 C of sunflower seeds (I add usually the whole bag cuz I heart them)
1 lb. of BACON GLORIOUS BACON!!!! Cooked crispy. We cheated tonight and used the Hormel precooked bacon that requires refrigeration and warming in the oven to crisp . My kids can smell bacon a mile away and they all come a runnin'.

Pour dressing over salad, refrigerate and mix when ready to serve.


YUMMO! Off to have another bowl!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Sounds yummy Jen...my mom used to make something similar. I think I'm going to have to try making it this week!