Thursday, July 2, 2009

Olivia's Dance Recital

I must preface this post with a complaint filed be one of our loyal readers who wants to remain anonymous (Mike Taylor) that this blogs as well as others (Kiahna) do not post regularly enough. So Mikey, this one is for you!

Our little dancing queen had her first recital and she was FABULOUS! She danced the Penguin Cha Cha (hip, hip). The song is called the Penguin Cha Cha, but Olivia adds the "hip, hip" on to the end when she talks about it because every time the lyrics say "We do the Penguin Cha Cha" the girls have to wiggle their hips "hip, hip". The pictures are from the dress rehearsal. We were allowed to get close for photos and video for the rehearsal (but not at the performance).

Have you ever tried putting make-up on a four year old? Good times people! Applying mascara was the worst!!! Mental note- buy waterproof because when you reprimand your child for poor behavior and they cry, you will have a mess! Don't you just love that street walker red lipstick?







3 comments:

Willow said...

Worse than putting mascara on a 3 year-old girl is trying to do a good job on your 3 year-old son's lashes. Without a long explanation... it was halloween, and after blacking his eyes, his blond lashes looked dumb. So, I tried to fix him up, but his lashes are so long that I had to do them in thirds -- bottom, middle, top. (if we have a girl, she NEEDS lashes like Zach's).

I think Zachary has been scarred for life... which considering it was make-up probably won't be a bit deal. =)

Kari said...

Your anonymous friend would shudder at how long it has been since I updated my blog!!! I love the street walker red lipstick :) My SIL has posted pics from her daughter's dance recitals (she's 4 and on a competitive team ... don't get me started) and I don't even recognize her!!! Hair pieces, full makeup, etc. She does, however, refuse to use false eyelashes - at least she draws some boundaries ;)

Williams Family Dirt said...

Whatev...all I have is camping photos and whining to blog about! Our life is relatively boring. so tell Mike to stick it!

I hope I have a daughter so I can put her in dance classes. Eric laughed when I told him that and said "were you ever in dance?" I told him I sure was, every little girl is at some point. I think it just got too expensive for my parents with paying for the lessons, and all the costumes for the recitals. But I still remember tap was my favorite.