Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hooray! It's Spring Break!!!


I am so excited to have some time for myself and with my family!!! No major plans. Spending time with the kids, scrapbooking (of course!), cleaning (argh!), and errands. Steph is going to take Madonna pictures with Jack and I sometime this coming week. We're thinking of something urban, you know, anti soccer mom. Saturday, I helped Steph with her bunny shoot and Olivia had her turn at the end of the day. She regressed a little back to the "I refuse to look at the camera" phase. We do anything to get the perfect shot from her: song, dance, bribery. She did fall in love with her bunny, Blizzard. I'm not the fan of small and furry, but Blizzard is the nicest, most well behaved bunny.
As for Damian, his infection is just about gone (poor guy) and unfortunately did not get the promotion. He was beat out be a team manager who wanted less responsibility. Good news is he successfully passed the firefighter exam and is training for the physical aptitude test in about six weeks. I am a little nervous as he has opted to have Lasik as his vision is bad. We had three consults with Dr.'s here in town. Two said he should do great with it with one concerned about his forehead getting in the way. Darn that Cromagnon forehead! The other doctor thought his corneas were too thin and wanted him to get corneal implants. The fact that these opinions were all over the place makes me a bit nervous. We have been very prayerful and the impression we both are receiving is to move forward with this. It still makes me nervous, but we are going to have faith in God with this one. Becoming a firefighter would be an awesome opportunity for our family. With Damian having a degree, there could be possibility for leadership. He is very excited and I think having more dude friends could be good for him! The thing that excites me the most about this is that I should be able to job share or quit (yeah!!!) and that when he is home, he's home for a nice stretch of time!! What stinks is that when he is gone for two days, I'll be on my own! I'm up for the challenge though!! I'm looking forward to keeping up on posting this week and I'll share my creations and happenings.

6 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Great layout and pictures!!! I will have to ask about how you did it later...Thanks for the updates!

Taylor Family said...

Mike and I both had lasik, it was the best money I ever spent! Mike had it done six years ago and is still seeing wonderfully, and I had mine done four years ago and my vision in still 20/10 in both eyes.

Taylor Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tam said...

Good luck with everything. I have thought about having my eyes done but since Michael's vision is so low and can't have the surgery because of some other stuff I just can't justify me having it done.

karen said...

After working for an eye Dr. I see all kinds of things I would not want to have done or hope I wouldnt have to have done. I hope all goes well with lasik. I have thought about it but I dont think Im really that bad for it. My sister though is having major surgery on her eyes next month. YIKES... I hope you have a nice break. Ours is in 2 more weeks.

Heather said...

Doors are closing and opening just as they are destined to - I feel it as I read your post. I am really excited about the possibility of you being able to reduce your hours at work!!!! Man, it would be fun to homeschool together! We're still awaiting word from three charter schools, and then we'll proceed from there.

Love your new LO. Olivia does NOT take a bad photo!