Sunday, October 5, 2008

Livi Lou has the Flu and Now Everyone Else does too!

This post is not for those with a weak stomach. So if your a mom, you should manage. Pictures with this post would not be appropriate so "gasp!" this is a rare post for Jen. Sorry to disappoint! I am up to my eyeballs in BARF!!! When we picked Livi up from daycare on Wednesday, one of the little boys began to throw up all over the carpet, poor guy. By 3:30 in the morning, Liv comes into our bed and barfs all over it and us. YAY!!! Damian stayed home Thursday with the little ones while I go into work exhausted. I arranged for a Friday substitute. By Friday afternoon Jack was sick. Fortunately he had his exorcist moment all over the kitchen tile instead of furniture or carpet. By Saturday afternoon Jared was camping out by the toilet. Poor Nick, here's a story. I had finally agreed to let that kid go to his first slumber party. Yes, I am oober over protective and his little friend's mother humored me with all my psycho questions. The only reason we decided it was ok for him to go was the mom used to sub at our school so I knew her from work and she didn't have a boyfriend or a husband we didn't know. So Nick could hardly wait and had been talking about this party all week. He was the only twerp not showing any sign of the barfies or the poop soup (as my darlings call it). I had warned the mom what was going on and she was fine with him coming so long as he let her know if he was beginning to not feel well. By 9:30 pm I got the call. I rush to the other side of town with bucket in hand (like I am going to let my kid vomit all over my clean Tahoe). I even offered to clean the toilet for her. She kindly declined my offer. I think she just wanted us and our cooties out of her house. I hope she has sick time built up. I warned them. We drove home with the windows down and I held my breath. Livi is better whilst my male offspring continue to blow chunks. I don't know if I am queezy from the stench in my house or if I actually have the bug. Good thing we DVR'd our church's General Conference. It is hard to be spiritually fed when no one is purposefully being fed. I guess I am staying home tomorrow with my little ones.

Update 10/7/08- It's my turn!!!! Bluck! Missing picture day at work. Jack barfed in my bed this morning. Hmmm...I wonder if I'll make the field trip tomorrow to the pumpkin patch?

2 comments:

Tam said...

I feel for you. I have very different kids at my house. K never throws up (maybe 3 times in her long 5 years) but J - everytime he gets anything he throws up. And he usually comes to find me and then throws up all over me. It is never pleasent!!!

Good luck though - hopefully you are through with the worst

Tam said...

Okay Jen, I think you infected me through the computer. I got sick about an hour after reading your post and feel horrible!!!