Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010, Twenty Ten, Two Thousand and Ten, One Zero

I think I like the sound of twenty ten! It has a nice ring to it. Whatever you call it, I hope that good things are in store for you this year! I am hopeful that for us, this year will be better than last. Scary to type that last sentence as I remember thinking that exact sentiment this time last year. Remember, this is my attempt to be "the cup is half full" kind of girl.

I received an email New Year's Eve from Canon. Not going to cover my camera woes under warranty (sigh). It's going to cost me $300.00 to fix the camera and the lens. They are probably going to say it was dropped when I call to ask Monday what the problem was. Although I, myself, personally have never ever dropped it. They are probably right and some small person in my house is to blame. It was discovered earlier this year that Jack did in fact DESTROY, INTO PIECES my 50 mm lens. Being the "cup is half full" kind of girl, I had to laugh and tell Damian that at least we got the email in 2009 and not let the news muddy the waters for 2010. I must say that 2010, so far so good except for the minor bout of a tummy bug in the house. I can deal with that!

So, I am truly going to try P365 this year (aka project 365- a picture a day for an entire year). Status report: missed days one and two already (Hahaha!). So today is catch up. I am using pictures to document something for those days although the pictures were taken on different days. I so love having a back-up camera for this (my rebel).

What better way to ring in the New Year than with a pedi (my xmas request)! Don't get them as much as I used to when Da was employed. Gotta make cuts ya know. Love that I can see my reflection in my toes! Day 1:















I couldn't take any pictures day 2, but I was working on some. Honestlty, perfect way to document this day. OMG! Those lashes! Day 2:





















Didn't make it to church today (2nd Sunday in a row...yikes!). Da, Nick & I fighting a tummy bug. Gotta get better so I can get back to work manana. A little spiritual enlightenment in lieu of not making it to church. Great idea Daddy! Read and had a wonderful discussion with the boys about the Prophet Elisha. Day 3:















Happy New Year!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

This is horrible, but my camera has sat dormant while I continue to stay green with morning sickness. Blecch.

Perhaps now is the time to get yourself a 50 1.2 L lens, hmmm? >:)

Williams Family Dirt said...

P365 again? Just photos or scrapping too? I think I could handle taking the pictures, but just not the srapping part again. I lost my mojo by March, I still plan on printing those pages I did for the first 3 months of 2009...

Williams Family Dirt said...

P.S. sucks about your camera!!

Kari said...

Oh, my dear friend Jen ... where does the time go?!?!? I've become the worst blogger/blogging friend anyone has known :( Glad that 2009 in in the record books and hope that 2010 brings much joy to you and your family - no one is more deserving of good things!! Sorry to hear about your poor camera. I have a lens in need of repair, too - just my "kit" lens, but the one I use most of the time. Praying for Damian's job prospect and that the identity theft junk works out quickly and easily!!! Love you to pieces and am beyond grateful for your friendship :)