Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Father's Day and the Cool Gift

We had a quite and relaxing day/weekend! My Aunt stayed with us for the weekend and she treated us all to John's Incredible Pizza Saturday night (thanks Aunt Patsy!)! Jack kept calling her Grandma, then she became Grandma Aunt.

I was sick ;0( with the flu! It was gross!!! I tried to go to church and pop by my dad's. Wasn't going to happen.

I saw a really cute idea on a designer's blog about creating an album for dad. So I took that idea and made it my own. Her's was a template album and I wasn't going to pay for it when I have my own digi skillz (although I ended up not going fancy with it). Here is the great part, Shutterfly had sent me a coupon for a free 8X8 hard cover album. Not that I wanted to be cheap, we just are really trying to watch our money. All I had to pay for was shipping.

Each kiddo got 1-2 personal pages with a picture and a question or statement they needed to finish. The kids used a fine point sharpie to write their thoughts/statements about their dear old dad in the album. Here are a few of the pages:



















































































































































































Sorry the pics aren't the greatest, but I really wanted to get this post up before July. Baby girl wanted to show you all the book. She was really quite insistent.

The hubs seriously got teary eyed when he opened and read it. Really, he did. Yay us!!! We rocked the gift this year!

For dessert we made fresh hot brownies topped with Dewar's peppermint ice cream and hot fudge. We also got some lemon flake ice cream for another night. YUM!

Now to figure out how to top this gift next year!??

No comments: