Sunday, August 30, 2009

The First Day of School

The first day of school this year was probably the most crazy ever!!!! Each kid had their own place to go. Jack needed to be at daycare, Olivia to preschool, Nick to my school, and Jared to middle school. I needed to go in early to school, of course, so Daddy was on his own. Surprisingly, everything went off without a problem.

I got a few pics of the kiddos before running off to work.























Olivia loves preschool!!! Can't stop talking about it and is eager to have homework.

Nick Loves his new teacher and being a big fourth grader! He is eager to not have homework.

Jared thinks it is so cool to be in middle school. He is still in band playing sax, but will be attending zero period to be a part of drum line. The bad news is we have to get him up at the butt crack of dawn to catch the early bus by my school. He gets out later, so I have to hang around school well after my dismissal to pick him up from the bus stop. Bright side-going in early and leaving later means I'll be better prepared. Well, hopefully.

Well as for my class. It's still too early to tell based on past experiences. However, the kinder babies are off to a great start. Not one four/five year old called me a b***h or attempted to cause myself or an aide bodily harm. For me this is a good sign. Crossing my fingers and toes this decent behavior streak continues.

Well off to prepare for the second week of school.

2 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Sounds like a crazy day! Good luck with week #2!

Kari said...

Could your kids be any more gorgeous?! This is my last year where all of my kiddos will be at the same school so I am trying to cherish that!! Crossing my fingers that your kinders remain well behaved for you. Kendyl's class started with 30 and then they added a teacher the 3rd week of school so now they are down to 25. Still too many for kinder, in my opinion.