Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Here's to the New Year!

Damian and I have been talking/contemplating our New Year's resolutions. I read Kiahna's blog about what she'll try and do for 2008. I felt inspired to blog them as well. So, for the record...

Jen's New Year's Resolutions:
1. I need to lose the stubborn baby weight! I miss my pre-baby clothes and really can't afford new ones. I've got to get to work. We're thinking about joining the gym. Damian has some baby weight too!

2. I need to get ahead on my scrapbooking. Olivia is a year behind, Jared and Nick are about 2-3 years behind and Jack is already behind. I'm hoping being on design team at the scrapbook store will help me keep on top of things. This month, I'm hoping to do a layout a day. After that, I'd like to do about 2 a week.

3. I've already learned alot about my new camera (Canon Rebel XTI). I'm going to Steph's house this week and she's going to help me become better acquainted with manual mode. I want to know everythnig about my new toy!

4. I want to take the advanced Photoshop class this year! I've loved all I've learned (which is only the tip of the iceberg).

5. To read the scriptures daily. Being a working mom, it's hard to find time to do this when you come home exhausted. I am hoping that by doing this more regularly, that I might become blessed with more energy.

Damian's New Years' Resolutions:

1. To run a mile everyday with the exception of Sunday.

2. See Jen's number 5.

3. To get a better paying job!! I am pursuing the possibility of getting a job with the fire department. I'm enrolled in some fire courses that may hopefully help me acheive that goal. While doing this, I'll be looking for other employment opportunities in case it doesn't work out.

4. To set aside time each Sunday to help the boys with their scouting requirements.

5. To get the garage cleaned out and organized (Jen loves this one).

Here's to a happy and healthy New Year! Jen and Damian:0)

4 comments:

Merrimom said...

Hey Jen! I found your blog by blog-hopping and just wanted to say hi and that I love it! Your kids are so cute and you all look great!
Merri Degiuli

The Queen Bee said...

My partiers pooped out about 10:30. Chris and I about 11:30, couldn't make the last 1/2 hour, pathetic really. Anyway your resolutions sound great I need to get going on mine. Have a great New Year.

karen said...

Im normally a party pooper too but we were stuck in Utah hoping roads would open up so we can come home. WE made it Tuesday and it feels so good to be back home.

Your resolutions sound great. Im with you on the baby weight. Happy new year.

Tam said...

Resolutions sound great. I just realized that I haven't done mine yet. And boy do I need to make a list.

As for poopers I did get a kiss at midnight but it was only because both of us woke up right then! Lucky though