Saturday, January 5, 2008

Photoshop Class

Here's a post for all of my friends who got Photoshop Elements 6 for Christmas (I believe that there's six of you). The Up and Running with Photoshop class begins registration February 11 @ 9:00 pm EST. You do the math for your timezone. Registration is for 24 hours only and these classes fill up fast. Apparently if you go to the blog at www.jessicasprague .com and sign up for her Photoshop Friday Newsletter, she'll send you coupons for discounts on classes. It's $45.00 (and worth every penny). The skills you learn from this four week-self paced course will allow you to digital scrapbook, make really cool blog headers, as well as Christmas cards or birthday invitations. She also teaches basic photo editing skills ( converting to B&W, brightening up under exposed photos, color balancing...) You watch videos online, print the written transcript (if you like) and complete the assignment. All materials to complete the assignments are free with the course. If you don't have Photoshop and are interested, you can download a free trial from Adobe for 45 days. You'll need an unzip program and you can download that for a free trial as well. If you go back in the archives of my blog, I posted my assignments to share if your curious.

I will be taking the intermediate course this month. I'll be sure to post my completed projects for you all to see. Let me know if you'll be taking the class:0). I can refer you to some inexpensive places to print your beautiful projects.

No comments: