Sunday, January 27, 2008

Update

Well, I am still in my scrapbook room/office creating away. I decided to do a 30 minute challenge-take two. To save you the scroll down to read about the challenge, Jessica Sprague asked us (her students) to create a one Page layout with an off centered photo in 30 minutes. This includes taking the picture. In the last post, I shared "Jack's to do List" layout. Today I am sharing the "Jack and his Daddy" layout. I am sad to say that this one took an hour. But I am happy to share it with you because I love it! Damian even asked me to print a smaller version for his desk at work. On a non-digital scrapbooking topic, Jared got an A+ on his Science Fair project. Yeah !! He chose to study seed productivity in fruit. We kept it simple since this is his first project. It errrks me when you see a project, but you know the parent did it. As a teacher, I'd want to see something that you know the child did, and is age/grade level appropriate. I wanted Jared to have as much ownership of the project as possible. I'll admit, as a mom, the thought crossed my mind a few times to take over, but the teacher in me refrained. I helped with computer tasks and cutting the title letters on my Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter (love it!). Jared completed the experiment, found the averages, and assembled the board. We are very proud of him and glad to report it's over!!!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: Fun Fact #3...

As I was typing, I did have the thought that I should add a disclaimer that the whole tick business is G-rated.

Willow

Heather said...

Jen,

Were you referring to the extraction on my LO? I'd be more than happy to show you what I did - there wasn't much intricacy there... :) just feathering and drop shadowing.

Williams Family Dirt said...

O.K., maybe you helped with the computer stuff, but it still looks like you did more! If I were his teacher I would have been suspicious, he should have cut more crooked or something. Glad he got an A+.

Jen Wolff said...

Kiahna, you are such a dork!Jared glued it all by himself. I'll admit, I used the paper trimmer, but Jared totally put the board together.

Anonymous said...

Fun Fact #4 -- In the 4th grade I told my brother that he had halitosis (I teach English, but can't spell). He was of course offended, but he was also smart. What 4th grader knows the word halitosis? I mean, I can't even spell it as a 30-something. SO he accurately guessed that I had heard the word somewhere and didn't know the meaning. He then threatened to tell our parents if I didn't promise to do his bidding. I was terrified that I had said a bad word, and happily agreed to the blackmail to avoid punishment. I am ashamed to say that I didn't look up the word sooner, but instead did a heap of tasks for John for about 3 years.

Before you start to feel sorry for the poor, foolish 4th grader that I was, I eventually got even. When I was 20-ish, before I met Russ (unfortunate as Russ would have loved to have been there), John asked me to wax his face. It is a long story, but let's just say he no longer takes shaving for granted! HAHAHAHA!! What kind of Bevis asks his younger sister to wax his face??

Willow

Anonymous said...

Fun Fact #5 is posted on Tamra's newly updated blog.

Anonymous said...

Fun Fact #6 is on Karen's blog. =)