Friday, December 26, 2008

Surviving Christmas 2008

Sigh!!! We made it through the night, Jack's fever was under control by the morning, but he woke up with a nasty cough and booger nose. We tried our best to have a nice night. After last night's blog post, we gave the boys their new jammies. Olivia fell asleep early as did Jack. We got Liv's jammies on her as she slept and we had to wait until Jack's fever was down before he could wear his new jammies. Damian made a big pot of soup (it was yummy!) while I held a very fussy baby.


I think Damian and I got to bed by 2:00 am and of course the big boys had us up at 6:30 am...OUCH! I was so over fancy packages this year. No bows, wrote on packages with a sharpie pen, poor wrapping. So unlike me! The kids didn't seem to care.

Santa was very good to the children this year! Their lists weren't long (thankfully). Jared asked for Lego sets and a DS game. Nick wanted anything Backugan and a DS game. Santa brought them Raving Rabids for the Wii along with a Wii fit board. It's the game you can play with your butt. We all had fun playing it later in the evening. It's awesome and I had a blast playing it (sorry no pics of me playing it with my butt!). Grandma got them the new Star Wars Clone Wars game for the Wii along with the light saber attachment for their Wii-motes.




















Olivia was in Barbie heaven! Santa brought her six Barbies (none of them skanky, don't get me started on that), a Barbie Diamond Castle princess dress (that I cannot get off of her), and girly doo-dads(like make-up and bows).




















Grandma made her day by getting her the much coveted Barbie Diamond Castle. This was her reaction:




















Priceless!

She also got the Barbie Diamond Castle singing Barbie. Can I give it back Santa??? I am so sick of hearing those retarded lyrics and my daughter singing them over and over. Keeping my fingers crossed those batteries die soon!

My brother sent the kids some very cool gifts (thanks Uncle Mike!) The coolest was Elmo Live for Jack. We had fun watching him play with it! Santa also brought him Yo Gabba Gabba toys. We love this stupid show so much because of it's effect on Jack!! We affectionately call it baby crack as Jack is mesmerized by it. We've DVR'd every episode. So you could imagine his reaction to some of the toys. In fact Olivia loved them as well as was often found stealing these toys away from Jack.





















My mom and her Dan drove down from the mountain and were going to stay for dinner. I was cooking a huge dinner to rival the one I had cooked for Thanksgiving. My mom gets a call from her friend that there was snow falling and they'd better get back home before the roads close. I packed up the food that I had finished cooking and sent them on their way. By the time dinner was done, Jack and Olivia were asleep. I myself was so exhausted that I made the decision to eat dinner in front of the TV. We hardly saw the boys anyway and their number one priorty was to get back to their toys. This definitely was a unique Christmas for us! Hectic, exhausting, and memorable. We survived Christmas!!! So today, I will make feeble attempts to recover mentally and physically, get my house clean, and edit a few more sessions so I can do nothing next week but fun stuff (like digi-scrap) before crawling back to work on the 5th. Hoping your Christmas was special as well!!

5 comments:

Jen in SF said...

Merry Christmas Jen! Looks like a successful day for everyone. That picture of Olivia is priceless for sure! And I remember being just like her about my Barbies! I hope you can rest and relax today. And I think some digi-scrapping is a perfect idea!

Happy New Year!

Jen in SF

Williams Family Dirt said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!

karen said...

Sounds like a good day. How does the Wii game work. WE got a Wii and Wii fit and love them both. Trying to get it figured out. Do you sit on it and just move side to side? Might have to look into that one.

Kari said...

Sounds like we had some similarities in our Christmas chaos!! So glad to hear Jack's fever came down ... nothing worse than a poor sick baby for the holidays ;) This was the first year in many that there was not a single Barbie under our tree - kinda sad! And I know your prayer for the batteries to go dead ... it is one I have muttered many times (and yet the Princess and the Pauper Barbies still sing their duet perfectly after 2-3 years)!!! Awesome pics of the kiddos. Don't you love the joy of Christmas pics?!?! Dish on that Wii game you play with your butt, too! We have a balance board that came with Wii Fit so I'd be intrigued to know about this one :) Get yourself some scrapping in during the next few days - can't tell you how long it has been since I did a layout!! So fun to share in your holiday ;)

JOY said...

So glad you made it through Christmas 2008 Jennifer! They say we are going to miss these times when our kids grow up! Sometimes I wonder!