Monday, December 15, 2008

Decking the Halls














It seems that this year we are late in doing lots of things. Getting to church on time has been difficult, sleeping in late, and let's not forget decorating for Christmas. Hell-o! There's like ten days until Christmas!!!! Total slackers! Well, at least in my book we are late in decorating. It's our family tradition to get started the day after Thanksgiving, but I've been so crazy busy with my latest and greatest adventure (you know that photography thingy I'm doing) that decking the halls was just going to have to wait...until tonight. A perfect family home evening activity!

The lights were up about a week ago, Yay Damian!!!!























Tonight, Jared played Christmas carols on the piano as we trimmed the tree, clothing was optional.




















Olivia kidnapped our nutcracker along with the (in my Ricky Bobby voice)"Sweet Baby Jesus" from our nativity. I am sure they are now somewhere amongst her "nekked" Barbies.I think I see Joseph in her hands as well in this picture. Look out Ken!





















We finished the tree.






















Some of us (Jack) attempted to demolish the tree. Hmmm...I better move all the favorite and lethal ornaments up high!





















This is the look I'd get after saying "No! Don't touch!" Who could resist this face?





















Where am I?? Oh yeah, behind the camera. Where else would I be? I really should make more of an effort to be on the other side. I may need to prove to my offspring that I really was present!

I thought you should know I LOVE my new camera (the Canon 50D purchased with money from a wedding I shot. Kind of had to buy it for this wedding, needed a back-up.)!!! I enjoyed playing with it in little light and exploring ISO at 3200.Five stars and two thumbs up! Did I mention I LOVE my new camera?





















So I can finally say Christmas is in full swing at the Wolff residence! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Tam said...

I have the same problem - I am never in the photos. Scratch that. I am in the ones that involve getting woken up for some event (mother's day stuff) and I am always in ratty pjs.

Love the decorations. We have been living in a winter wonderland (inside and out) for about 3 weeks now. I love it. I wish there was a good reason to leave it up all year. Well a better reason then just good old laziness!!!

Merry Christmas.

SusanD said...

Love the pictures of your header and family!
Congrats on your new camera! I wish I could progress to take fabulous photos to pay for themselves. Oh, well, no rush.

You made me starved for Thanksgiving dinner with your photos; we were out of town.

Merry Christmas to you and your dear family.

Kari said...

Suffering severe camera envy ... I've had mine barely a year and I'd love to upgrade ;) Perhaps I should learn to use the one I've got first!! Love seeing your decor - still can't believe the big day is only 8 days away!!!