Friday, December 12, 2008

Jared's Band Concert

Jared is in band this year and is absolutely loving it! He chose to play the sax (just like his daddy). He is really good, and I'm not just saying that because he is my kid! Tonight was his Holiday Band Concert. All I can say is WOW! The kids were awesome!!! We have an amazing band teacher at our school. We stayed for the entire concert and listened to the middle school kids as well. They have an impressive steel drum and mallet band that will knock your socks off! Olivia was totally into it and the highlight of the evening for her was Rudolph dancing down the aisle of the auditorium. Grandpa didn't think he was going to make it and surprised Jared by attending with video camera in hand. That made Jared's evening! We are very proud of Jared and how hard he works every night practicing. Here are a few pics. They aren't great. Shooting in an auditorium with crappy lighting is a new experience for me.


3 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Very cool! I played the sax too! Not my fav...didn't like sucking on the reed so much. ;)

Carol said...

Jared is very clever and he looks so cute with his sax!

Kari said...

I played the saxophone for years!!! Totally loved it :) What a handsome boy!