Sunday, January 4, 2009

Do I gotta go back?

We'll I know the answer to that question if my family wants to eat. Oh, the dreaded "w" word (you know, work)! So today marks the final day of vacation, not that it really felt like a vacation. Nick woke up in the middle of the night throwing up. That makes three weeks of not going to church because of a sickie. I was a bit bummed as today would have been Olivia's first day in Primary.

So, I'll be crawling back to work tomorrow. The first day back isn't too terrible as my class is typically tired. It's usually the second and third days that are most painful. Most of you know how much I want to be home with the little ones. I wanted to prepare Olivia for Monday morning by talking with her about how she'll be going back to Keri's while Mommy, Jared, and Nick go to school. I really thought she would be excited. No, my darling daughter starts sobbing as if I had wounded her in the most terrible way. Our dialogue went something like this:

"Baby girl, why are you crying?"
"I don't want to go to Kawi's house?"
"Why not?"
"I want to tay home wif you. I luf you wif my hawrt."
-Insert sounds of mother and father beginning to cry-
"Baby I love you with all my heart too!"
"Mommy, I will miss you, You tay home wif me."
"No my love, I am sorry. Keri needs you to help her with Jack."
"Paweese tay home wif me. I will miss you!"
"Olivia, do you want to say a prayer? Will that help you feel better?" (suggestion made knowing it will help me to feel better)
"Yes."

When we pray, Olivia ALWAYS wants to say it. Her idea of saying the prayer is someone else saying the words, and she repeats them. It is rather cute. So Mommy, Daddy, and Olivia knelt to pray. My daughter really knew how to rip my heart out last night! It was gut wrenching! It doesn't make it any easier for me to return to work.

So this will be the end of blogging almost daily, scrapbooking, and a semi-clean house. At least for now. Hello to exhaustion, homework, and early mornings. Here is a final layout I made today because I had spare time. Oh, how I'll miss having spare time!























Credits: GG & M. Turnidge Tinsel Town paper and elements, GG High School Never Ends glitter swirl recolored, A. Kay ribbon wrap recolored, Miss Mints curled frame, K. Pertiet Messy Stamp Alpha, fonts-Pea Sarah quick & Pea Baily

11 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Jen. Sending you an extra dose of strength to do the things God's called you to ship off to tomorrow.

"Tay wif me" is hard to ignore, isn't it?

:) (hugs)

Natalie said...

I am so sorry that you have to go back to work! Someday you will be able to be a sahm. I will send good vibes your way!

Williams Family Dirt said...

I will miss calling you hourly-- well almost! ;) Hope you have a good week, see you this weekend hopefully!

Great Layout!

latz said...

Hope everyone is feeling better in your family. Love those little kids prayers--they are so precious and I know God just loves them too.

Gretchen Clark said...

hope your first day back went okay!!! It will get better;o)

JOY said...

Hope you survived Jenn - Think Martin Luther King Day!

Kari said...

You have officially broken my heart!! What a sweet girl. I've love you having some off so I could see more of your pages and get blog updates - selfish me ;) Pencil in a speed scrap one night if you can ... I'm planning on the one the night of the 13th - the prize is adorable (I got a sneak peek)!!

SusanD said...

Hugs, Jen.

I hope everyone is well and the week was O.K. by the time you read this.

Kari said...

Could I have had any more grammatical errors in my last comment?!?!

Gretchen Clark said...

hope you had a great week back at work :0)

Anonymous said...

It just breaks a mom's heart! Thanks for sharing! I've nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger award. The post is here: http://jencropable.com/2009/01/10/project-365-template-kreativ-blogger/
You rock! ;D