Sunday, January 11, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award and Crazy Life Update










My cyber friend and fellow Spraground friend, Jen, has chosen me to receive the Kreative Blogger award. Jen, you are too kind, thanks so much! She is a talented scrapbooker and has a pretty cool blog as well. Check her out at jencropable.com. Digi-scrapping friends, she has templates! Go get'em!! They are awesome!

So, in turn, I must nominate five people to receive this award and post links to their blogs for you to check out. It seems as though the purpose of these awards is to bring attention and notoriety to some pretty great blogs from average Joe's like us. So, here are five blogs that I think rock:

Kiahna's blog Kiahna's Kreations-My cheeky BFF and partner in crime has two blogs, but I'll nominate her Scrap blog. Miss budding photographer and die hard digi-scrapper created a blog sharing all of her "Kreations". Pretty cool, check her out!

Joy's blog Just Organize Yourself-Joy is the organizational goddess, guru, and expert in our ward. She has tried and true tips to make all of our lives easier.

Kari's blog Running in Place - Kari is one of my Spraground friends/fellow church member who is SUPER-TALENTED and can do anything! She shares her digi and hybrid craft projects as well as her family life on her blog.

Heather's blog Joy Revisited- Heather is another amazing and talented Spraground friend and fellow educator. She does it all as well! She is homeschooling her brilliant daughter, is an amazing photographer, and has the most fantastic digital scrapbook layouts and hybrid projects. She is inspiring!

Carol's Blog Let's Have a Chat! - My international friend/Sprague-mate. Carol lives in Australia. I love her blog and reading about her many travels and life with her family. She takes some pretty amazing pictures and shares her fabulous digital layouts as well.

Okay fellow recipients, this is kind of like a tag. Post a link to my blog, choose five blogs you love to read and give them this award. Post a link to their blog as well. Don't forget to save the jpeg image above to post on your blog.

I hope you become regular readers of these blogs and enjoy them as much as I do!

And know for our crazy life update (yes, I meant to start a sentence with AND). I survived last week...barely! Getting back to our routine has been rough for all. We have had fog this weekend so I am hoping that we'll be getting a fog delay tomorrow. I'd love to sleep in!

I visited my grandma down South this last Saturday with my dad. She is not in good shape and was just diagnosed with congestive heart failure and stage 2 dementia.She is living in a nursing home these days. She recognized me today and it was hard to fight back the tears. Apparently it was the best day she has had in a long time and was smiling and laughing. I was glad to see her in good spirits!

I did the speed scrap last week at Scrap Matters. Kiahna and I are doing it again next week and Kari said she was going to do it as well. Join us if you can! Here is the layout I made:























Credits: J.Wilson Birthday Bash pprs., OScarps Moonrise circle frame by D. Young recolored, Tangie Baxter Daydreamer glitter alpha, Weeds and Wildflowers ribbon recolored, K. Pertiet buttons, Britt-ish designs staples, fonts- Pea Bailey, Underwood Champion

Jack finally was loosely diagnosed with an "allergy cough"??? He is now starting to use an inhaler and other allergy meds. I hope it helps him to sleep better and to get rid of the persistent cough he has had since October. He loves to sneak on top of the kitchen table and give any audience a table dance. I am tempted to rid the house of all chairs! He also says shi# a lot! I don't think he knows what he is saying, but he says it more frequently because the big boys laugh uncontrollably when they hear it. Keri, his daycare provider, even asked me "Is he saying shi*? That's what he sounds like he is saying.". We are now grounding the big boys for laughing from now on. Again, I am feeling like an awesome parent (not)!

Jared made Honor Roll again and has an awards assembly next week. He doesn't know it yet, but he was also chosen as student of the month and we have to attend a school board meeting for him to receive his award. We are so proud of our boy!

Olivia started dance lessons last Saturday. Daddy took her to her first lesson on Saturday as I was with my grandma. She threw a tantrum when it was time to leave as she was having so much fun. She has been doing the Penguin Cha-Cha at home. She will be preforming this at her first recital in about 9 weeks. I can't wait!!!! She is now a Sunbeam at church and announced to me after class that she is a child of God. Too cute!

Nick is top A.R. student... again. He also go all A's and one B+. He is pretty miffed as he missed the A by 8/10's of a point. We are so proud of Mr. Smarty Pants! Apparently he called his Primary teacher to repentance today for texting in class. We also have to have a little talk with him about sharing stories of getting hit in the "balls" in Primary. Still, this child seems to be everyone's favorite kid at church, and he knows it. Nick makes us feel like we questionable parents. It takes every ounce of strength to not laugh at his antics in his presence. He needs a big bite of humble pie!

Damian is still on the job hunt for the post Bachelor's degree job so anyone reading knows of any leads, we'd love to hear about them! His vision is still 20/20 and has little scarring on his eyes. Yay! He is still under the Dr.'s care and has to take a few days off of work every so often as his eyes can become strained from looking at a computer screen all day. The Dr. assures us that this is normal and that he is still healing. I keep on him to make sure those days he is off is FMLA protected.

Until next post,
Jen

6 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Great post Jen! I am flattered by your kind words. My blog is really nothing special, nor is my photography. I can only hope I am nearly as creative as you.

We had fun this weekend. I will be sure and email you the pic of you and Damian. Maybe you can make it look good in a digi layout--it is afterall only a P/S camera.

Glad you had a nice visit with your Grandma, it is always hard to see those we love and admire the most slip away from reality.

Did your hubby tell you I borrow some diapers? I stopped by Saturday, as we were visiting my sister and her family. Jack is so cute. He smiled and waved at me. Your kids are smart and well loved! Talk to you soon.

Williams Family Dirt said...

PS Did you see Brittish Designs "Monstrosity" kit? I already bought it--love it!!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the award image...nice one! I liked it so much I just updated my post with it! Tee he! Again, so creative!

Carol said...

Thankyou so much for nominating me - I am so honoured. I am also so flattered by your kind words as I think you are an amazing photographer.

Love the layout and family update.

JOY said...

Thanks Jen - Your the best!

Kari said...

Aw ... really?! MY blog?! You are far too kind, my friend!!! I agree with Kiahna - I can only aspire to be a creative and amazing as you!!!! Will get mine posted after I post about my daughter's birthday party (and get a computer that can function without crossing my eyes waiting for the page to update). I think your Jack and my Cougar could give each other a run for their money. I can't tell you the number of place I have found my chairs OR the number of times I've had to remove my little on from the countertop, tabletop, pantry shelves, etc. Give me strength!!