Saturday, January 17, 2009

I have been waiting for this moment...

I have been waiting for this moment since becoming a mother!!! Today I took my one and only daughter to dance class!! Humor me while I savor this moment and please continue to read on! Because I had visited my Granny at the nursing home last week, I missed Olivia's first lesson. You know that killed me. I had to hear about it from Damian and listen to Olivia talk about it all week. I had to put her dance clothes up to where she could not get them as she was constantly putting them on. She is in a 3 and 4 year old class, so you know watching these little girls is absolutely hysterical! The class takes place in a room that we can see in , but the girls can't see out of. Of course my child is the one smooshing her nose up to the glass trying to see me and waving instead of listening. Today, the teachers allowed us in the room so they could tell us what the girls needed to work on for the recital. So of course, I just happened to have my camera. I was able to catch a few shots.






















When it came time to leave, Olivia begins to cry as she did last week. She DID NOT want to go home. So we went to the snack bar for apple juice. That was probably a really bad idea because now she will expect it after every class. Remember, her moment is just as much mine.

Also...





















I came home and just had to make a layout.

Credits:J.Wilson girls solid 1 & pinned ribbon recolored,K.Pertiet grungy cluster & stitched journal strip, Britt-ish Designs scalloped circle mat, LTWB flower 4 recolored, & Gretchen gem, Scrap Matters Friday Flea Market black paper, Golden Girls & M. Turnidge Tinsel Town transparent mat, Summer Driggs Limeaide black polka ribbon, Shabby Miss Jen ribbon wrap, Something Blue Studios frame, Janny Darling flower and button, Tangie Baxter Daydreamer alpha, K.Christensen pin and staple, font- Pea Jannda

9 comments:

Jen in SF said...

I love the layout and the story! You should do a layout telling your story too. Hope you are doing well. Happy New Year!

Jen

Jen said...

Little girls in dance class has got to be one of the most adorable things on earth. My daughter Laney is in dance. She is in the Kindergarten class. I get such a charge out of seeing 15 girls in all the same little outfits all dancing around the studio. Love your lo! Thanks for sharing!!!

Williams Family Dirt said...

Awesome layout, looke like a blast!

Kylee said...

Great layout, and cute photo! It's a girly thing, isn't it! LOL

Kari said...

Oh, a momma and her first dance class!!! I've been down that road several times now and it's just as great every time :) Can't wait for recital pics ... and video footage!

The Peets said...

We are doing dance also. They are sooo cute. Madie LOVES it. Have fun.

Carol said...

She looks soooo adorable!

Sorry I didn't get to meet you while over there. We arrived in Visalia on Monday night (after delayed flights) and left Wednesday morning. So had little time left after spending time with our hosts. DH will be back over at least 5 times this year, so on one of the longer stays Fletch and I will come and definitely meet you.
Driving from Fresno airport to Visalia I did see the signs to Bakersfield so I know where you are.

Kyla said...

K so cute! I cant wait till my girls are old enough for dance! Everything you and kiahna do are perfect! i really need to learn how to digi scrap. Kiahna keeps buggin me to do it!

JOY said...

OOOOHHHHHH! I want a girl!